Author Topic: My CZ 75 PCR Arrived  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Texas377

My CZ 75 PCR Arrived
« on: December 08, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
My CZ 75 D PCR arrived this morning.  It was due at mid-week but the USPS closure for President Bush caused a delay.  Anyway, I promptly took it to the range and fired 100 rounds through my first ever CZ.  I'm generally impressed with the feel and function.  I've never fired a DA/SA of any kind.  That was a change that took a conscious effort that I hope to improve on in the future.  Most of the things I expected after reading CZ Forum, internet reviews, and watching videos came true.  PROS:  (1) Felt lighter than I thought which is a good thing in a CCW.  (2)  Very ergonomic ? decocker and mag release are just where they need to be.  (3) Two 15 round magazines with plastic base plate extension.  (4)  Easy strip-down for cleaning.  CONS:  (1)  The worst set of sights I've ever seen on a semi-auto.  Better sights can be found on plastic toy guns.  (2)  The DA trigger pull was long and gritty.  I'll be looking for a gunsmith to fix that soon.  All in all, very few surprises today.  I'm glad I made the purchase.   
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline DarrenL

Re: My CZ 75 PCR Arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 06:36:26 PM »
Congrad's  on a great pistol I have over 1500 rounds without one hiccup, and yes the sites were the first to go on mine to.  8)

Offline JFen

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 07:13:46 PM »
keep shooting it and the trigger will get better, or send it off to cajun if you want immediate results.

i have a few thousand rounds thru mine and i love now. it?s my daily carry piece and it?s my favorite gun.

good choice

cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pops1911

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
Howdy Texas!  Congrats on your new pcr.  I have had mine for awhile now and am over 1000 rounds through it.  I agree with the sights comment.  I left the factory front sight on mine and added the rear short black out Tactical sight to mine.  It shoots fine with that set up for me.  My experience with the trigger was that it smoothed out nicely with an increasing round count.  My best suggestion would be to shoot it a lot before sending it to a gunsmith. Give it some range time to find its own footing.  Sights - yes - tomorrow if you can.  You might save some $$$ this way and have fun doing it in the process.  Happy shootin' from another Texas kid.   
If you find yourself in a fair gunfight, your tactics stink!

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 06:43:27 PM »
Welcome to the apCR club op!

From your repot you are good to go SD!  Save the Cagun magic for a range gun!

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 09:12:21 PM »
Congrats!  Welcome to the club!

Offline Jarhead913

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »
Congrats, Great choice for a ccw!!!.

Offline Uriel67

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
Congrats!! Seems to be the ideal around CZ. Hope to have one of my own very soon.

anything