Author Topic: Scorpion Micro availability?  (Read 6576 times)

Offline rbuzz00

Scorpion Micro availability?
« on: December 10, 2018, 10:46:00 AM »
Ever since it was introduced at the 2018 Shot Show, I've been thinking about getting the CZ Scorpion Micro, but after searching, no one has one in stock. It was originally marked for Summer 2018 introduction, but since we're almost into 2019, it seems like it should have been here by now.

Is this just another case of CZ missing the mark on it's introduction or have I just missed out on the initial offerings and need to wait for the next batch to arrive?

If it takes much longer, I might be better off getting the 7 3/4" version and adding the HBI handguard and SB brace and forgetting about the faux suppressor, although I've seen those being sold too. 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 11:07:10 AM by rbuzz00 »

Offline eastman

Re: Scorpion Micro availability?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 10:27:06 PM »
At the last demo event, the Micro Scorpion was a topic of conversation. They aren't out yet, but should be out early next year.

Waiting to see one so I can decide between the micro or the Manticore-designed bullpup scorpion.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline TheFlood

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »
I just made one with HBI parts.  LOOOOVE IT!  ;D

Offline Doublejt

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:08:19 AM »
My FFL dealer is expected to have mine delivered today. 

Offline johnzm

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 05:01:52 PM »
post pics if u actually have a micro

Offline SkudShark

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
Curious on this as well, I did the K kit from HBI for my FDE model but would like a black one that is already setup with all the add ons. Signed up on a few sites for email notice of stock, I've yet to hear of one in the wild.  :(

Offline KinKzoo

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 06:14:44 PM »
I haven't seen a single place that actually has one in stock... No places online, no local shops... They are like unicorns but more scarce..

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 06:49:19 PM »
I haven't seen a single place that actually has one in stock... No places online, no local shops... They are like unicorns but more scarce..

The only place I've seen the Micro is on Gunbroker. They have I think two right now that have bids in the area of $1400-$1500 for them. They have had a couple of them earlier that wound up selling for over $1700.

I would love to have one, but I'm not willing to pay that price. I'll probably wait for prices to come down or possibly go with the IWI Tavor X95 in 9MM. The X95, while more similar to the Scorpion carbine, is around the $1600 mark, but I don't feel like I'm being gouged so much on that one, while on the Micro prices right now, I definitely do.  At MSRP or a bit lower, the Micro is a great deal, but at $1400 plus, IMO it's simply too much for an all plastic sub gun. For that price you can get a Sig MPX or something similar that is all metal.

Hopefully CZ will up production which will eventually cause prices to drop down to reasonable amounts although I have to wonder. It seems that the Scorpion was somewhat hard to get and prices were rising even before the Micro came out.  With another model in the mix, I wonder if CZ will be able to keep up with demand.

Offline johnzm

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 08:08:54 PM »

Offline Doublejt

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »

Offline Doublejt

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 09:35:05 PM »

For size comparision.

Offline Doublejt

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
[/url]

[/url]

Sorry about the first couple pictures.  It was my first time.

Offline osubuckeye78

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 01:59:14 AM »
So are you going share where you bought that since this is the availability thread?

Offline Doublejt

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »
 They are rare right now and the only place I see them with any degree of consistancy is on gunbroker.  My order was placed directly through CZ as part of their first responder program. 

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 12:10:22 PM »
They are rare right now and the only place I see them with any degree of consistancy is on gunbroker.  My order was placed directly through CZ as part of their first responder program.

Who makes the left side safety that is on your micro?

Steve