Author Topic: Looking for Pros and Cons from people with prior experience  (Read 1403 times)

Offline sfost24688

I have a P10s, I am looking to change out the trigger. I know everyone has their own opinions on HBI vs Cajun as far as a trigger shoe goes, but my question is would you go with the traditional plastic cajun trigger or the G10 trigger? I am going to purchase the striker from cajun regardless. Next question is would you guys buy the trigger kit that comes with the T block, mag pivot pin and T block plunger spring? What do they even do for the pistol? Or just go ahead and get the trigger shoe and striker? It is only 31 dollars more for the complete kit but is it worth spending the extra money that could be spent towards more ammo for practice ? I love the pistol only complaint is the trigger bite. The pistol has zero malfunctions so far after roughly 1500 rounds shot through it. Thank in advance for your input.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Looking for Pros and Cons from people with prior experience
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:50:31 PM »
I had an original Cajun P10 trigger and it was metal. I thought the reason for using G10 was to reduce heat transfer through the trigger.

Offline sfost24688

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »
Ah you are correct it is aluminum. I just looked at the picture and assumed it was plastic.

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »
I went with the HBi trigger shoe so don’t have any comparison with the CGW shoe. 

I did change out the stock striker for the CGW one, not because I had any issues with the OEM but more for peace of mind.  I did install the striker anti-rotation pin and plate, again as a peace of mind thing. 

As far as the T-block, I’ve been using the original.  The OEM is plastic, so possible that it could wear or even break over time.  Upgrading it to metal would resolve that.  But I haven’t done it, and probably won’t unless I loose or break it.  It’s just there to hold the crossbar that you depress for take down. 

I think the mag pivot pin helps resolve problems with the ambi mag release that was in the earlier gen P10.  I tried polishing mine, shot it a lot, but eventually just replaced it with one from Apex.

Good luck with you P10S!

Offline sfost24688

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
I went with the HBi trigger shoe so don’t have any comparison with the CGW shoe. 

I did change out the stock striker for the CGW one, not because I had any issues with the OEM but more for peace of mind.  I did install the striker anti-rotation pin and plate, again as a peace of mind thing. 

As far as the T-block, I’ve been using the original.  The OEM is plastic, so possible that it could wear or even break over time.  Upgrading it to metal would resolve that.  But I haven’t done it, and probably won’t unless I loose or break it.  It’s just there to hold the crossbar that you depress for take down. 

I think the mag pivot pin helps resolve problems with the ambi mag release that was in the earlier gen P10.  I tried polishing mine, shot it a lot, but eventually just replaced it with one from Apex.

Good luck with you P10S!

I would be replacing those items for shear piece of mind as well. I am used to my original CZs all metal and no issues. I've been lucky enough to have absolutely no issues with the P10s but I am a piece of mind guy as well. When i see the word reliability it the description I automatically think oh man lets do some research. Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I currently own 2 P-01s that cajun gun works did the carry package on and they are amazing. I would carry one of them but I am a skinny guy and in the summer they print like crazy. Hence the purchase of the P10s.

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 01:00:10 AM »
Ever since I got the P10C I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a P10S.  The P10C is a good all-around sized gun but the P10S has its appeal.  I like that I can get most of my entire hand on it even tho the grip is 1/2” shorter. 

If I ever get one, I’ll probably set it up the same as my C. 

My C is one of my carry guns, but in the summer I tend to carry my Glock 43 in town since it conceals more easily under a T-shirt.  I switched to AIWB a couple years ago and found it prints less, but having a shorter grip will make that easier. 

Offline aflevine

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 09:55:46 AM »
I have a P10s, I am looking to change out the trigger. I know everyone has their own opinions on HBI vs Cajun as far as a trigger shoe goes, but my question is would you go with the traditional plastic cajun trigger or the G10 trigger? I am going to purchase the striker from cajun regardless. Next question is would you guys buy the trigger kit that comes with the T block, mag pivot pin and T block plunger spring? What do they even do for the pistol? Or just go ahead and get the trigger shoe and striker? It is only 31 dollars more for the complete kit but is it worth spending the extra money that could be spent towards more ammo for practice ? I love the pistol only complaint is the trigger bite. The pistol has zero malfunctions so far after roughly 1500 rounds shot through it. Thank in advance for your input.
CGW trigger comes in either aluminum or G10.  If you expect to shoot a lot in a single session, G10 doesn't transfer heat as much.  Both are very hard.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
I prefer the CGW trigger shape.  It’s close to OEM which is nice because I pull closer the the first joint of my finger.  The flatter cross section of the HBi makes it feel like a longer reach, better if you oull with the pad/tip of your finger in my opinion.

I never had problems with the mag release pin or tblock so I only got the trigger shoe and striker.

The aluminum trigger is smoother but after a few mags it can get hot unlike the G10.  I lightly wet sanded the sides of the G10 with 3000-grit to slick it up.

Offline sfost24688

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 08:41:16 AM »
I prefer the CGW trigger shape.  It’s close to OEM which is nice because I pull closer the the first joint of my finger.  The flatter cross section of the HBi makes it feel like a longer reach, better if you oull with the pad/tip of your finger in my opinion.

I never had problems with the mag release pin or tblock so I only got the trigger shoe and striker.

The aluminum trigger is smoother but after a few mags it can get hot unlike the G10.  I lightly wet sanded the sides of the G10 with 3000-grit to slick it up.

Thank you for the input and the illustration. I ended up ordering the aluminum one from cajun because the G10 was out of stock, unless I wanted the orange and black. So I am going to run this for now and once the G10 is back in stock Ill buy that for my P10C. Thanks again for your input much appreciated