Author Topic: CZ P 01 vs 1911  (Read 1906 times)

Offline inletman

CZ P 01 vs 1911
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »
I shoot my P 01 better than the 1911 I acquired a couple of mos. ago. I thought 1911 trigger was supposed to be so good, but the P 01 trigger feels better to me. Maybe it is as simple as the fact that I have not shot the 1911 as much....but I am not so sure.

Any thoughts , comments, advice....thanks

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: CZ P 01 vs 1911
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »
My experience is the platform I have more practice with is what I generally shoot better with. An example, I?ve shot revolver for more IDPA seasons than any other platform, but haven?t shot in the past 2 seasons. I classified on several platforms this past month and despite shooting semi autos for the past 2 years, I classified better with my revolver. Go figure.

Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline bang bang

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 02:15:10 AM »
practice.

then theres knowing HOW to shoot too.

then theres the fact that you have 2 different guns.  Do you know which one will shoot better?  Have then been Ranson Rested or ?

Then theres the fact that some people will shoot a gun or guns better than some others.   I cant shoot a Glock to save my life unless i really concentrate and then it could be too late. 

Look for an instructor in your area and take a class or 2.  Let shim try your toys if you are inclined and see how they do.

theres a shooting target diagnosis target online someplace.  Its suppose to give the shooter an idea on what they are doing by where they shoot on the target.  maybe someone will add that link.  im to lazy now.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 05:51:30 AM »
Not all 1911's have nice triggers.  Not all CZ's have nice triggers.  Some guy on arfcom is complaining his new P01 Omega is so bad he's thinking about selling it and buying something else.

Then there's how it fits you hand and how that affects where/how you finger engages the trigger.

And not all 1911's are accurate.  My Colt's (2 of them) are more accurate than my Browning, Glock, XDM (9MM ones for sure) and M&P pistols, but I have a couple/three CZ's that are plain awesome.

My youngest son was perfectly happy with his Colt 1911 (a Series 70 MkIV I gave him several years ago).  He never complained about it.  He bought a Beretta 90-Two he would brag about.  It was pretty, it felt good in his hand, it was smooth, etc.  He never said it shot better than the Colt.  Then one trip home to the mountains we took a bunch of stuff home and spent most of a day shooting, up above the old garden.  He shot my Dan Wesson .44 magnum.  In no time at all he was questioning why the .44 was more accurate than the .45 acp.

We did some talking and bought a couple parts to install in the Colt and then went to the range and he was happy with it again.  People talk all the time about the parts they buy to make their CZ's more accurate.  1911's can be the same way, aftermarket parts can make them more accurate.

Enjoy.  Both are good pistols.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline double-d

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
Apples/Oranges

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »
I have a P-01 and I really like it.
I have a bunch of CZ's with many different levels of trigger work from no work to full blown trigger jobs and there is truly a diffferance between them.
I have a 1911 or two and a good 1911 trigger is a thing of beauty in my opinion.

But these are your guns so your opinion is all that matters.
keep shooting the CZ and enjoy the P-01

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Beak Boater

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
When you say you shoot better....what are you talking about. Smaller groups, more accurate at a faster rate of fire?
Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Offline oakengineer

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »
I've been shooting 1911s for a long time.  My experience with the platform is that they seem to be more sensitive to jerking the trigger than any other platform.  Might be because the trigger has so much contact with the frame.  Could that possibly be your problem?

Offline Criz

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »
Sell the 1911.  Nobody really likes oranges anyways
Army - 67N Crewchief
Italian Motorcycles
German Cars
Northwest Coast IPAs

Offline ams

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
What is the problem with the trigger on the 1911, exactly?
Gritty pull? Polish the trigger bow and trigger track.
Too much take up? If your trigger has tabs, bend the forward slightly.
Trigger too heavy? Take out the sear spring and bend the left/center leaf a little less. Careful no to do too much or you could induce trigger bounce
Incorrect amount of over travel? Adjust the screw on the trigger
Trigger break is not clean? stone the escape angle on the sear. Best done by a smith who has the proper tools and jigs.

Depending on what brand of 1911 you have, you might need to tweak your expectations. I wouldn't expect an ATI or RIA to jave the same feel as a Springfield TRP. I also don't expect much out of a series 80 trigger, without a lot of polishing. YMMV

anything