Author Topic: Stiff charging handle  (Read 1470 times)

Offline deaddixon

Re: Stiff charging handle
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 11:03:45 AM »
mine was pretty stiff also, I left it racked over night for a couple of nights and that helped a little after I put the HBI hand guard on, it really loosened up.  you really have rack it with some force  when it is new though. it should get better with time 

Offline Racerkan

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 01:55:07 AM »
Mine has 1000 rounds, just did a trigger job and applied some grease on top of hammer.  It feel much smoother now.

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »
White lithium grease.

Its safe and it works really well. Keep a small tube in your bag and a large tube in your workbench.

Offline RodE

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 07:11:44 PM »
My brand new and not yet fired Scorpion is extremely difficult to cock.  To make matters worse I just installed a PMM front QD sling mount that sticks out about 1/2" from the gun's frame.  I ram my thumb into it as the charging handle is brought forcefully to the rear!  OUCH!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I saturated the internals with BREAKFREE CLP hoping it would free the works up.  So far there seems to be no difference.

Can someone recommend a good lubricant.   Grease????  if so, what is a good brand name?

HELP!!!!!

Online ShakyDog

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 08:53:25 PM »
Take it to the range and run a couple hundred rounds through it, it will loosen up.

Steve

Offline Antmistr

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 12:47:51 AM »
I recently installed the hbi spring kit, and not only did it improve the trigger dramatically, it made the gun so much easier to charge. For less than $10 it’s well worth it.

Offline M012617

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
I recently installed the hbi spring kit, and not only did it improve the trigger dramatically, it made the gun so much easier to charge. For less than $10 it’s well worth it.
I just got an S2 and will definitely be getting the hbi spring kit.

I have the same issue and wrote to CZ. They responded within 24 hrs with the following:

When pulling the charging handle to the rear you are fighting against the mass of bolt and the tension of the recoil spring pushing that bolt forward. When the hammer is forward you are also fighting against the hammer and the hammer spring, as well as the disconnector when the hammer is lowered far enough to reset. In addition, one a new firearm these parts haven’t had a chance to polish themselves and wear in from use and the new springs haven’t set yet so you are fighting against brand new springs. My recommendation is to fire your Evo some, after some firing pulling the bolt to the rear should become easier.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 12:33:36 AM by M012617 »