Author Topic: Decocker conversion?  (Read 901 times)

Offline 68Firebird

Decocker conversion?
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »
I don't know anything about the mechanics of the CZ 75BD decocking device, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to convert the safety on a Canik/TriStar S-120 to a decocker?  Since I've never seen any reference to this I'm guessing the parts are incompatible, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask the experts.

Offline Tok36

Re: Decocker conversion?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 03:27:54 PM »
No Sir, the CZ 75 variants safety models and close clones like the Canik/TriStar S-120 are not convertible into decockers. The holes in the frame are different for a safety and decocker models. The sear cages/sear cage parts are different. The sear cages are retained differently. The hammers are different as well.

Not an uncommon question though. Without being intimately familiar with the design differences the two modle types look very similar.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:33:13 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline 68Firebird

Re: Decocker conversion?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »
No Sir, the CZ 75 variants safety models and close clones like the Canik/TriStar S-120 are not convertible into decockers. The holes in the frame are different for a safety and decocker models. The sear cages/sear cage parts are different. The sear cages are retained differently. The hammers are different as well.

Not an uncommon question though. Without being intimately familiar with the design differences the two modle types look very similar.

Thanks for letting me down gently.  :)  It was the answer I expected, but needed to be sure.

anything