Author Topic: CZ-527M fiber optic blade vs CZ-455 blade interchangeability  (Read 159 times)

Offline dulcimer

CZ-527M fiber optic blade vs CZ-455 blade interchangeability
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:10:51 AM »
I am considering the CZ-527M, but the only thing that is making me hesitate from jumping on the updated 527M model, as opposed to finding a model in the previous setup, is the fiber optic front sight/2 dot rear blade. I do understand the utility of the fiber optic sight considering the purpose of the rifle, but I would like to be able to switch to a plain black sight blade, as desired, to satisfy my want of more traditional sight setup while taking advantage of the adjustable sights of the updated 527M.

From what I can see on the CZ-USA web store, a CZ-455 front sight blade (Product Number: 203507160010) has a similar profile to the updated 527M front sight fiber optic blade (Product Number: 5571016001 ). Comparing images of the 527M fiber blade sight assembly to my iron-sight 455 Ultra Lux, both front sight assemblies for these models seem to be of the same type. I'm wondering if you can purchase a solid blade for the 455 and install it on the updated 527M. It'd make sense from a manufacturing perspective to keep various models' parts as similar as possible...

Does anyone have the resources to see if the two aforementioned sight blades are interchangeable?
On the 527M 2-dot rear blade: any word of a plain, black, rear blade that is compatible with the updated 527M model? Maybe CZ can save a fraction of a cent on not making those dimples and painting them white...and then sell it to me!

Thanks.

Offline Starr1

Re: CZ-527M fiber optic blade vs CZ-455 blade interchangeability
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 08:33:35 AM »
The new fiber optic front sight on the 527 is adjustable for elevation very simply by turning a screw, maybe that's why it has a different product number. As far as the rear sight just use some black paint or a sharpie and make it to your satisfaction.

Offline dulcimer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »
The new fiber optic front sight on the 527 is adjustable for elevation very simply by turning a screw, maybe that's why it has a different product number. As far as the rear sight just use some black paint or a sharpie and make it to your satisfaction.
The 455 front sight blade is also adjustable by the same screw as both the 455 and 527 now seem to use the same front sight assemblies, albeit with a fiber optic blade instead of a plain blade one for the 527. Would be interesting to see if both blades are of the same dimension to facilitate swapping. 

Offline Starr1

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
More than likely they are the same dimensions then, but I doubt you'll get that specific info from CZ.

anything