Author Topic: So long Rami...  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Uriel67

So long Rami...
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:19:23 PM »
Reluctantly, decided to part with Rami after only one year of ownership. Between the Glock 43 for my lazy day attire and the S&W Pro Series Compact 1911, the Rami wasn't getting much love in the carry department.

She was a great shooter and loved it dearly but my only reasoning for picking it up was to carry regularly. But it never really grew on me. So traded it for a lightly used 2018 PCR. Took it to the range today and I am extremely pleased with my decision.

So now parting with a few accessories in classified section. I did enjoy the short time I owned it. The few people that I let shoot it were pleasantly surprised how well it shot. So much that they became CZ's owners shortly thereafter.

I would still recommend it to anyone as it is a great little gun!

Offline TNman

Re: So long Rami...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:00:52 AM »
I too have decided to sell my RAMI after 10 months for about the same reason. I love its ergonomics and how easy it is to shoot. And it's a cool looking pistol. Like Uriel67 said, I highly recommend the RAMI and will be sad to see it go, but it has seen far too little daylight.

Reluctantly, decided to part with Rami after only one year of ownership. Between the Glock 43 for my lazy day attire and the S&W Pro Series Compact 1911, the Rami wasn't getting much love in the carry department.

She was a great shooter and loved it dearly but my only reasoning for picking it up was to carry regularly. But it never really grew on me. So traded it for a lightly used 2018 PCR. Took it to the range today and I am extremely pleased with my decision.

So now parting with a few accessories in classified section. I did enjoy the short time I owned it. The few people that I let shoot it were pleasantly surprised how well it shot. So much that they became CZ's owners shortly thereafter.

I would still recommend it to anyone as it is a great little gun!
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega

Sig P320 C & F
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline benq

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »

I have yet to sell my RAMI which was my carry for the past two years. It has since been replaced with a Shield 2.0 and now sits in my safe. RAMI is a wonderful pistol to shoot. I don't care to own range only pistols but rather pistols that serve a purpose for me either carry or competition. That being said it may be on the market in 2019...

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »
I’m struggling w my Rami... of course it’s CZ so it shoots incredibly well... &  it’s cute as hell..

but its pretty chunky for EDC... my Shield 2.0 9mm covers IWB carry so well..  thinner.. lighter .. and shoots acceptably well at self defense distances.. plus I have a TLR-6 for laser/ light combo if when needed.. ( not to mention I’d take a bath on it re: resale, given how cheap they are lately )

I have an SP-01 for range / target - accuracy shooting... excellent of course...

trying to see where the Rami fits...  if using the 14 round mag gives a full purchase but one may as well get the P-01 or PCR.. the 10 round flush mag shorter grip is where the Rami sets itself apart

if money were no object Id have ‘em all 😊

the $600+ in the Rami could go to CGW work on the SP-01, or toward a Shadow for even better range,  target, or competition

havent sold it ! .. but Im on the fence .....

« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 12:14:22 PM by MarkLH »

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
I had the first RAMI "Copperhead" from CGW and even had David laser engrave it as the first one made.  It was a sweet sweet pistol.  But at the end of the day it was a little too thick and bulky for me. I came to find out after going through a series of pistols that I only feel comfortable carrying single stack 1911 style pistols.

I have tried (unsuccessfully mostly due to holsters I am sure) So my evolution of carry options

S&W 642 (first pistol)
Glock 27 (didnt like buying .40)
Glock 19 (didnt like it, too common for me)
CZ RAMI (decided it was too bulky)
Sig P938 (Mine was unreliable, but carried great)
S&W Shield (carried fine but didnt enjoy the pistol)
Dan Wesson ECO in .45  (I am stuck here, hard to go back from this one)

But I also find myself carrying, like I am today a Ruger SR22.  I ain't getting into debates on carrying .22 but I have never had a failure from this gun in 600 rounds that wasn't a dud from bulk ammo and even then it only happened maybe 10 rounds out of a 500 round pack.  I carry CCI Stingers and have fired 100 rounds with 0 issues. Thats good enough for me, I can drop 10 rounds on a paper plate at 7 yards in under 3 seconds.  I dont care who you are, thats stopping you.

But I also aquired a CZ P10C and I am debating trying to carry it when the winter months are around.  Ill just have to find the right holster.  Way off topic now..........

Wonder where that RAMI is today and if the guy I sold it too is still enjoying it.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ P10C 9mm
Dan Wesson ECO .45

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:35:30 PM »
The Rami rocks in a SD role for me, but it mostly rides OWB ~ 3:30.  This and the chunkier Beretta PX4sc are perfect in this location or occassionally cross draw under armpit via bellyband on more dresy occasions.  I do have a more pocket carriable single stack (Nano) when OWB isn't appropriate.  IWB is mostly history for me, although that same belly band works nicely as "IWB" when in gym shorts, sweats or pajamas.

I thought about selling  the PX4sc, but I have so many mags, I should probably get a second one!  I likely wont, but am quite intrigued about the Rami in .40.  I've come to believe 9mm is good enough for SD, so I ... must...refrain.

Now, I should probably have a backup pocket gun.  Single stack, CZ please, else I might be tempted to the sig365 side -- maybe gen5 will be rock solid???

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »
hey Tyerone... OWB seems like it would be the right way to utilize the Rami for carry.. to deal w the bulk.. im new to CC..

might invest in an OWB holster to try it... but just seems like OWB would be limited/ more difficult to conceal... dunno til I try it I guess.. requires more investment ( read : lost $ if it doesnt work for me )

chalk it all up to experience I reckon... 

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »
If desire cocealability, an overshirt untucked or sweater is requred.  If you have to wear a tie and tuck in a shirt, might as well wear a suit jacket or sports coat.  I learned from some new yorkers that a sports coat over a shirt with no tie or maybe even no collar with khakis is in style.  I can't even remember the last time I wore a Hawaiian overshirt!  LOL

A "low ride" OWB belt holster requres a longer shirt tail, vs a "high ride" that also seems more comfortable to me.

PS:  I have some awesome belt clip OWB holsters for the Rami and PCR.  The extra length of the PCR makes just enough difference in concealability with my wardrobe where the PCR is for the most part a range gun now.  There are times for instance in winter where a longer jacket, etc. Can cover even a full size piece or two.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:51:08 PM by Tyerone »

Offline Uriel67

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 02:20:45 PM »
If desire cocealability, an overshirt untucked or sweater is requred.  If you have to wear a tie and tuck in a shirt, might as well wear a suit jacket or sports coat.  I learned from some new yorkers that a sports coat over a shirt with no tie or maybe even no collar with khakis is in style.  I can't even remember the last time I wore a Hawaiian overshirt!  LOL

A "low ride" OWB belt holster requres a longer shirt tail, vs a "high ride" that also seems more comfortable to me.

PS:  I have some awesome belt clip OWB holsters for the Rami and PCR.  The extra length of the PCR makes just enough difference in concealability with my wardrobe where the PCR is for the most part a range gun now.  There are times for instance in winter where a longer jacket, etc. Can cover even a full size piece or two.

I think your hitting the nail on the head. The Rami like many other pistols has to be carried in a unique way which requires a little effort in dress attire for full concealability. In my experience, IWB was never comfortable with this pistol.

Maybe the right OWB holster with overshirt is the way to go. It's "subcompact" categorization by CZ leads you to believe that this is an ideal IWB like a G43 or compact single stack 1911. Not the case, but definitely not a reason to look past the Rami.

Maybe I didn't give my Rami the effort it deserved but I am loving my newly acquired PCR.

Offline tcpip95

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
I carried my (new to me) Rami yesterday for the first time.  I'm left-handed, so I carry cross-draw with the weapon at about my 2:30-3:00 position, butt facing forward.  It's a very comfortable carry in this manner, highly concealable, and very easy to draw.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
Mines 12 years old and still chugging along.  8)

Offline TNman

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
Sold my custom RAMI for $850. Hope I don't have sellers remorse.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega

Sig P320 C & F
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »
I've thought long and hard about adding a Rami to the stable, but at the end of the day, I just can't justify it over the P-07 I already own. I've handled the Rami enough to know that I would only want to shoot it with the 14-round mags that allow me to get a full, four-finger grip on the gun. And at that point, both the height and the weight of the gun are hardly different than the P-07.

Now, if CZ came out with a polymer version of the Rami BD with the Omega trigger, that might be a different story....  ;D

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 01:50:43 PM »
 Don't give up on the Rami it's a fine accurate pistol. My Rami BD replaced a glock 19 OWB or IWB at 3:30 and I don't miss the glock at all.  I feel much safer with the DA/SA and a magazine extender gives me a full grip with the short magazine. After a few thousand rounds and a couple CGW springs and extended firing pin my Rami D/A trigger feels like one of my Colt D/A revolvers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 01:33:54 PM by lewmed »

Offline Babalugats

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
I want to love my rami bd, but it's too fat and after shooting a box or two at the range, my trigger finger feels like i've pounded it over and over with a hammer. For me it carries well OWB only, but not as well as my pcr.

anything