Author Topic: So long Rami...  (Read 5158 times)

Offline MarkLH

Re: So long Rami...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 03:59:32 PM »
Alas.... my Rami has found a new home...

My Shield 2.0 9mm covers my EDC just fine... and while I love CZ accuracy, thats mainly range / target shooting..

so some of the proceeds will go to CGW for parts.. and time/ energy to polish / slick up my SP-01 for a tack driver .. real CZ  fun at the range 😊

Offline Vinny

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 05:26:39 PM »
If you want a sub-compact DA/SA pistol that can host an RMR, CGW can fix you right up. CGW did a beautiful job milling my RAMI for a Dueck plate with BUIS.
I posted this in the 'Lights, Lasers, Red Dots' section, but thought I'd also share my experience here in the RAMI section. The RAMI point-shoots really well for me at close range, I prefer the 10r mag with pinkie locked underneath, and the RMR gives it accuracy at distances of a much longer sight radius gun. Yeah, you can mount an RMR on a PCR, P-01, P-07 etc; but this little package with OWB Vedder Light-Draw w/cant is sweet.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:02:45 AM by Vinny, Reason: typo correction »
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 01:05:11 AM »
^ That is AWESOME!!!!

Offline Sumdumguy

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
If you want a sub-compact DA/SA pistol that can host an RMR, CGW can fix you right up. CGW did a beautiful job milling my RAMI for a Dueck plate with BUIS.
I posted this in the 'Lights, Lasers, Red Dots' section, but thought I'd also share my experience here in the RAMI section. The RAMI point-shoots really well for me at close range, I prefer the 10r mag with pinkie locked underneath, and the RMR gives it accuracy at distances of a much longer sight radius gun. Yeah, you can mount an RMR on a PCR, P-01, P-07 etc; but this little package with OWB Vedder Light-Draw w/cant is sweet.

That is the sex!

Offline CZRex

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »
Glad to see that I'm not the only one to sell/trade a unicorn Rami. I traded mine a few days ago for a 9mm PPQ M1. My Rami was nbr THREE in time carried, behind the Mod 2 9mm and my PCR and nbr 3 in accuracy. It had become a nightstand gun. I had always said I'd NEVER move the Rami. I'd had it since 2012. I have some remorse already, especially since the guy who so badly wanted it has already traded it away.
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline Mercs

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
It should’ve been a single stack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Louiczana

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »
I always contemplated getting a rami. Just to thick for my liking.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline CZRex

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 10:48:38 PM »
UPDATE: Traders remorse got the best of me soon after I traded away my Rami. Two days later the Rami got traded AGAIN by the guy who so badly wanted my Rami. Turns out he's a flipper.  Anyway, I contacted the guy who now had possession of the Rami and let him know of my regret of letting it go and asked that he give me first shot at reacquiring it if he thought of moving it. He said he'd hold it and give me time to come up with the money.  So, I sold a pistol yesterday and handed over the $ this afternoon and brought her home again. Sometimes in life we get to correct mistakes.  I got to do that today. Yeah, baby!
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 08:35:20 PM »
Welcome home, Rami!  That practically brought tears to my eyes.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »
I understand the too thick, lack of grip area with the 10 round mag etc. but I ain't gettin' rid of mine any time soon. I bought a PCR, like it and shoot it slightly better than I do the RAMI but I find it harder to conceal.

I currently carry the RAMI more than any other option I have but I do want to get a better holster. I house it in a DeSantis Speed Scabard. This holster has 3 slots, I use the lower and the gun tends to want to lean out, away from the body,  at the heel of the grip. I want to get a Wright Leather Works Predator for it but will probably wait until the end of the year when WLW puts out their Christmas time discount email...

I have relatively small hands and my little finger does hang off the RAMI 10 rounder but I don't have a problem with that.

Most of my CZ firearms would be some of the last guns I own that I would sell when the need to eat overcame the love of the firearms...with the exception of the SP01 Tactical...that would be the first CZ I own that I would get rid of.

Offline theoldmusicman

• SGT US Army Infantry Vietnam 67-69
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »
I thinking seriously about getting a rami bd but like several of you have mentioned, I'm a little concerned about the grip size.  I have small hands.  If anyone is familiar with the glock 30, it's a little too big for my hand.  I can get a grip on the 30 fairly well but I can barely get the end of my finger on the trigger.  Nice shooting pistol but just didn't feel comfortable in my hand.  Glock is known for having chunky grips.  That being said, I have no problems with full size 1911's, or my Glock 26, or 27, or my XD Mod2 45 SC.  I think it mostly depends, at least to me, on the thickness of the grip front to rear, the distance between the back of the grip and the trigger, and of to a lesser degree the thickness of the grip side to side.  The only one of those measurements that the manufacturer gives you is side to side.  I would love to get one in my hands but the closest gun store to me is about a 3 hour drive round trip and they don't have any rami's in stock anyway.  But if anyone has a rami bd that they want to part with at a reasonable price I might consider buy it and trying it out. 

Offline eastman

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
I thinking seriously about getting a rami bd but like several of you have mentioned, I'm a little concerned about the grip size.  I have small hands.  If anyone is familiar with the glock 30, it's a little too big for my hand.  I can get a grip on the 30 fairly well but I can barely get the end of my finger on the trigger.  Nice shooting pistol but just didn't feel comfortable in my hand.  Glock is known for having chunky grips.  That being said, I have no problems with full size 1911's, or my Glock 26, or 27, or my XD Mod2 45 SC.  I think it mostly depends, at least to me, on the thickness of the grip front to rear, the distance between the back of the grip and the trigger, and of to a lesser degree the thickness of the grip side to side.  The only one of those measurements that the manufacturer gives you is side to side.  I would love to get one in my hands but the closest gun store to me is about a 3 hour drive round trip and they don't have any rami's in stock anyway.  But if anyone has a rami bd that they want to part with at a reasonable price I might consider buy it and trying it out.

where are you located? I have no plans on parting with my 2075BD, but it attends all of my CZ demos.

You might find someone in your area to join on a range day for a test drive.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline theoldmusicman

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2019, 11:25:02 PM »

where are you located? I have no plans on parting with my 2075BD, but it attends all of my CZ demos.

You might find someone in your area to join on a range day for a test drive.

I do belong to a range and I need to check and see if anyone has a rami, but I live in a real small town in Deep East TX and the range doesn't have a lot of members, so I'm doubtful. 

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 01:07:22 AM »

The Rami grip, especially with the extended 14-rd mag, is practically identical to that of a compact CZ-75 -- extremely ergonomic. To most people the CZ grip is the most comfortable they ever tried. So if you can find a CZ-75 that's pretty close. With the 10-rd mag, you might need a floor plate extension, but if you have small hands, maybe not.

Offline theoldmusicman

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2019, 01:42:05 AM »
So my local ffl/gunsmith knows a guy in the Dallas area that has a like new 2018 rami bd complete with case, mags, everything, low round count.  He wants $500 for it plus shipping of around $25.  If that's a good price I might bite the bullet and go ahead and buy it.  If it doesn't work for me I could probably sell it for what I paid for it, maybe.............  I tried to do some web searching but there's not a lot of used bd's out there but the new ones are going for $625 and up.  So is $525 at good price for a like new 2018 model with a low round count?

anything