Author Topic: Grips for RAMI 2075 P Polymer Frame?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline tcpip95

Grips for RAMI 2075 P Polymer Frame?
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:51:48 PM »
I might have jumped the gun a bit on ordering grips for my new-to-me 2075 P.

This is my gun (not mine but a photo of the same model.  Mine is a 2010 model):

Can I peel off that grip tape and install 2075 RAMI grips (i.e. are there holes drilled in the frame underneath to accept screws/bushings)?  These are the grips I ordered:

I don't want to peel that off unless I know I can install the new grips.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Grips for RAMI 2075 P Polymer Frame?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:05:54 PM »
Nope. Nothing to peel off, that is the grip. You cannot install grips on a poly frame, except for the rubber slide on grips.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline tcpip95

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:07:55 PM »
Nope. Nothing to peel off, that is the grip. You cannot install grips on a poly frame, except for the rubber slide on grips.

<GROAN>  Thanks.  OK, it appears that the previous owner applied Talon grip tape to the gun (hence the "peel it off" statement in my first post).

I'll have to look into the Talon gun grips.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:37:48 PM by tcpip95 »

Offline tcpip95

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »
I really like conventional wood grips. I am thinking of gluing wood grips on to the polymer frame.  I realize this could be a one-way ticket if I do it, but my biggest concern is finding the correct adhesive that would adhere the grips to the polymer frame.

I'm thinking of getting a piece of Talon DIY 1" x 4" pieces, putting the Talon piece down on the pistol, then gluing and clamping the wood grips to the Talon piece.  That way, I could remove the Talon piece, which would allow me to remove the wood grips as well.

Anybody got any thoughts on something like this?

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
   Personally I think you?d be better off getting a pistol you can put grips on. Just don?t know if I?d ever trust glued on grips not shifting while shooting And I think you?ll find out that once the grips were glued on, the grip would be enormous. JMHO
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline tcpip95

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
   Personally I think you?d be better off getting a pistol you can put grips on. Just don?t know if I?d ever trust glued on grips not shifting while shooting And I think you?ll find out that once the grips were glued on, the grip would be enormous. JMHO

Yeah, the thickness of the grips is a concern.  I've reached out to a company that does gunsmithing to see if they can drill a polymer grip and install grip bushings like on my 1911s.

I don't mind sticking with the polymer as is (worst case I replace the Talon grips that are one it now as they look shoddy); this is my first polymer pistol, so not sure what all can be done to them.

anything