Author Topic: Sig P365 for pocket carry?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Sig P365 for pocket carry?
« on: December 24, 2018, 04:41:22 PM »
Anybody out there regularly carrying the P365 in the pocket (holstered).  Comfortable with all that extra ammo weight  ;D ?

Is the trigger pull stiff enough for comfort?  I'm not looking for range gun accuracy, but something reliable for SD.  Hopefully Sig has worked out its initial launch debacles by now?  I don't foresee CZ stepping up to plate for a single stack 9mm suitable for pocket carry  :(

Offline Vinny

Re: Sig P365 for pocket carry?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
Very interested in following this thread. I'm asking myself the same question.

Since SIG repaired initial problem with my trigger bar spring back in May, my P365 has shot 2,400 flawless rounds with all kinds of ammo, so I'm satisfied with reliability.

I've been pocket carrying my little SIG 290rs with a 9.5 lb DAO. The SIG 365 is about the same size, fits same Desantis Superfly pocket holster with 6 more rounds, and shoots lights out. But still wondering about lightness of a 5-1/2 lb trigger in my pocket?

"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline dave33

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:44:39 PM »
Been pocket carrying my 365 since I got it in early April, no problems at all. I use Liberty civil defense ammo with the flush fit mag in a remora pocket holster and don’t find the weight an issue at all. The Liberty rounds use a 50gr bullet traveling 2000 FPS so 11 of them don’t weigh very much at all compared to more typical ammo.

I don’t find the trigger too light at all but I do shoot a lot of comps with guns that have sub 3lb triggers. I’ve shot a couple matches with it and find the trigger very useable and the gun extremely shootable for such a tiny thing. Have a little over 4000 rounds through mine with no issues at all. Definitely 100% satisfied with mine, wish CZ would take notice and maybe make a version of the P10 that could compete directly with it.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 09:08:34 AM »
Been pocket carrying my 365 since I got it in early April, no problems at all. I use Liberty civil defense ammo with the flush fit mag in a remora pocket holster and don’t find the weight an issue at all. The Liberty rounds use a 50gr bullet traveling 2000 FPS so 11 of them don’t weigh very much at all compared to more typical ammo.

I don’t find the trigger too light at all but I do shoot a lot of comps with guns that have sub 3lb triggers. I’ve shot a couple matches with it and find the trigger very useable and the gun extremely shootable for such a tiny thing. Have a little over 4000 rounds through mine with no issues at all. Definitely 100% satisfied with mine, wish CZ would take notice and maybe make a version of the P10 that could compete directly with it.

Thanks, Dave33.  May I ask what you were carrying in the pocket prior and compare the experience?

Offline dave33

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:50:26 PM »
My first real carry gun was a Glock 26. I soon found out due to my work attire and climate I live in I would need to pocket carry in order to be armed 99.9% of the time.  While the Glock was a fine gun its not really a pocket gun.  Ended up with a Beretta Nano, which served me very well until I tried out a SIG 938.  Found out I could shoot it more accurately and faster when running the two guns against each other on the clock, so it became my carry gun, with the added bonus of weighing quite a bit less than the Nano did.

At this point I was totally satisfied and not looking at pocket guns until the 365 was introduced. After checking out many reviews it really caught my attention.  Was able to put my hands on one early on and immediately knew I was gonna have to  have one.  Felt like they custom built it for me it fit my hands so well.  Got lucky and found one at a great price in early April. 

Also found out I could shoot it faster and more accurately than my 938 confirmed by the clock.  It does weigh a little more but it is hardly noticeable, and the much greater capacity is way more comforting. It is the most shootable pocket gun I have tried, and really, in a personal defensive weapon, that's the important thing.

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:12 PM »
I pocket carry my Springfield XDe on occasion and it weighs 25 ounces. I think the P365 would be just fine at 17.5 ounces even with 10 rounds.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:54:25 AM »
I do not normally pocket carry my 365 but I have carried it in a sticky holster and regular cargo pants in the front pocket just to try it.

It hid pretty well but still fairly heavy but I usually carry a Ruger LCP in my pocket so there is a weight difference.