Author Topic: Cz 76b setup  (Read 544 times)

Offline Czshooter99

Cz 76b setup
« on: December 27, 2018, 11:26:30 AM »
I am a fairly new but active shooter. I have a cz 75b. It was purchased in 2013. I believe it say that it sat whole time. At first I had a couple fte’s.  But that does not happen any longer. Mostly it will not finish cycling. It fails at least once per magazine.  The slide will stop about 1/16th of an inch from locking. I can bang it with my hand and keep keep going. About 500 rounds and it still doesn’t fix it.
I would like a suggestion on trigger spring and recoil spring setup. Is Wolff a good brand for this gun?
I haven’t researched trigger spring, but read that I should pick the right trigger spring then pick the recoil to match it.
My friend said he always replaces the recoil spring, and said to go slightly heavier like 17#.
That is where I was at when I found this forum.

Offline Blackwatch

Re: Cz 76b setup
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 02:39:38 PM »
Welcome from Texas!
If you haven't done so already - field strip and clean/lube all the internals, slide rails etc...including behind the extractor and see how it runs before changing springs.

Offline Stickerdude

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
Welcome from sin city.
Cz Custom Compact L #91724
Cz Pcr

Offline retteryer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
Is it 9mm or 40?I had similar problem with my sp-01 in 40,fixed it by sanding my breech face bit.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline Curtism

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
Welcome to the group. 

Do you shoot reloads and if so have you checked them for fit in the chamber?  The rounds could be just touching the leads and keeping it from going into battery.

Offline Czshooter99

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 10:42:12 AM »
I cleaned it pretty well a few times, but I did not break down the extractor.  I will try that.

It is a 9 mm.

I do not shoot reloads in this.  but I will admit I bought armscor 115 grain rounds for practice.

Before we go there, I know that certain rounds perform better than others, and I should settle on one that my gun likes best.
I don't like the idea that I should require a quality round for my weapon to be reliable, however.  aside from a limp wrist while shooting, it should work every time.  I have a beretta 92fs, that works every time, and I own an Arex zero 1 tactical.  both have never failed with the same ammo.

I have been simply working on bringing the gun up and taking two shots from a fairly close range.  learning situational shooting, and trying to be able to make combat type shots, so I am ready to perform if needed. 

So the quality of the round wasn't important.

Pretty much not interested in any handgun that I cannot trust to fire every time with any ammo.

Offline Czshooter99

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 11:20:50 PM »
Guys. I cannot find a video on how to clean the extractor.   Can you link one?

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »
Guys. I cannot find a video on how to clean the extractor.   Can you link one?

If you have a dental pick (or similar) scrape the back of the extractor - the small gap between it and the breech face. Quite often carbon/fouling builds up in there. Removing the extractor is obviously more involved requiring a hammer and punch for the retaining pin (more info in the gunsmithing section of the forum...thread #9 in the stickys).

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
a pipe cleaner (soaked with the cleaning solvent du jour) can be run behind the extractor to remove the gunk
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
Dental floss also works while using a little Hoppes or other solvent.
JMHO:  I don't lubricate this area. "A very tiny amount" of oil on the spring end is okay.

Offline Czshooter99

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 10:32:59 AM »
Thanks all.  I ended up using a small finish nail as a punch to open it up, and the area was clean.  the gun is too new.  bought in 2013, but never used until recently.

I am of the opinion that the springs would help.  I would like to lighten the trigger spring by 2 from OEM, and boost the recoil by 3 to 17#.

So far, I have seen much confusion on springs.  This gun model has been around for so long, you would think you could get a perfect fit without having to cut a spring, and have it eject the recommended 6 feet.

Any suggestions on the best setup for springs?  Manufacturer, and pressure/force?

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 12:23:15 PM »

Any suggestions on the best setup for springs?  Manufacturer, and pressure/force?

Check out Wolff Gunsprings...they have a variety of calibration packs available.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 03:19:37 PM »
Put a 13# hammer spring and a 12# recoil spring in a clean and oiled with Mobil 1 75b 9mm pistol,  and it will run smooth as silk.  Brass should fly 4-8' with decent 115-124 grain ammo from the big box stores.