Author Topic: Having the hardest time fitting the kadet kit  (Read 7976 times)

Offline chomorro

Re: Having the hardest time fitting the kadet kit
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »
Just got back from the range.  Tried a 13lb blue spring in the CGW shadow sp01.  Cci blazer 22 had maybe 4 out of 10 light strikes every magazine.  Ran through 20 rounds of golden bullet without any issues but didnt bring more to test.

Going to try more golden bullets and see if that runs reliably.  The 13lb spring didnt change the pull too much but it is noticeable over the 11lb spring.

I do have a 15lb spring that is guaranteed to run reliably (according to cgw) but I dont think I'm willing to sacrifice the 9mm trigger pull for it.

Overall im disappointed I cant use my 11lb black spring with this kit, it would have been perfect.  If I can't get it to run with the 13lb I will most likely sell it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:31 PM »
     Hiya Chamorro and hope ya don't mind my two cents on you Kadet subject. I ran it on my po-2 and shadow frame with combos of springs and even sent out for the extended firing pin that,if memory serves Joe L. fabricated.The final solution became dedicate a frame for it,so bought a 75b-SA, went overboard and prolly the most expensive .22 I've owned. The 13lb spring and the extended firing pin moved 50% light strike to bout 25%, but the 17lb spring made the biggest improvement to 5%. So for that last attempt try the 17lb spring, see if Joe L. was the extended firing pin guy, if not pm me and will look around for a spare. Hope that helps. Be well.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
It was 75Plus (the other Joe) that made a firing pin, but it won't solve the light hammer spring problem.  Even a 15 lb hammer spring won't be 100% in most pistols.  A 17 lb spring has been 100% in my pistol and is the minimum requirement in my opinion, for reliable ignition, no matter what else is done to help things. 

Folks have been trying to run the Kadet with their preferred light DA/SA game gun hammer springs (I assume) ever since the Kadet first came out.  Won't work. 

I switched springs with the slides for a year, got tired of that and just went SAO and pretty much dedicated my 75B frame to the Kadet.  Once you go SAO, the 17 lb hammer spring isn't a problem switching slides, but it is no longer a production gun for run and gun either, from what I remember of the rules.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:16 AM »
Light firing pin spring, stolen from the ballpoint pen works very well with 13lb main spring. That and filing the chisel point of the firing pin to reduce the contact area served me well for many thousand rounds without light strikes.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
Light firing pin spring, stolen from the ballpoint pen works very well with 13lb main spring. That and filing the chisel point of the firing pin to reduce the contact area served me well for many thousand rounds without light strikes.

Try it, nothing to loose!  I ran a ball point pen spring for a few months myself when I lost the CZ spring, but I didn't try it with a 13lb hammer spring.  I hope it works for you.  You might also need to use Boris' choice of ammo.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline chomorro

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 12:59:37 AM »
If anyone is interested I did a lot of tinkering and finally got the kadet kit to run pretty much perfect with a SAO shadow pro package kit.

Had to trim a few coils off the firing pin spring and swap the 11.5lb main spring for a 13lb main spring.  Didnt change the SAO pull and the kit ran fantastic for at least 40 golden bullet rounds rapid fire lol.

Just needs a fiber optic front sight and I am in business. Tried to do it with just trimming the firing pin spring but never worked no matter how small I got it.

Offline adrian

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
     Hiya chomorro and thanks for giving us your final solution to the age old question. I don't want to give up my 9mm trigger performance,but how do I prevent light strikes when using my different Kadet kits for .22lr.
     I'd be interested to know if you had run any of your CCI blazer with this final solution and if faired as well as the remington golden rounds, the golden seemed to run perfect even before this last tinker. Mine did perfect with the federal in the maroon and blue boxes.I believe they are similar in cost per round.
     So thanks for your tinkering,cutting and patience with experimenting as you contributed to the knowledge base we have been adding to our enjoyment of pairing a Kadet kit to so many cz platforms. Be well.

Offline chomorro

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »
     Hiya chomorro and thanks for giving us your final solution to the age old question. I don't want to give up my 9mm trigger performance,but how do I prevent light strikes when using my different Kadet kits for .22lr.
     I'd be interested to know if you had run any of your CCI blazer with this final solution and if faired as well as the remington golden rounds, the golden seemed to run perfect even before this last tinker. Mine did perfect with the federal in the maroon and blue boxes.I believe they are similar in cost per round.
     So thanks for your tinkering,cutting and patience with experimenting as you contributed to the knowledge base we have been adding to our enjoyment of pairing a Kadet kit to so many cz platforms. Be well.

I have only been running golden bullets but I do have a box of cci blazer.  I will test it next range day and get back to you.

Offline chomorro

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »

Tested it today. Ran 100 rounds of blazer through it with no issues.  Did
Start having failures to eject but I'm blaming that on dirty gun.

Offline adrian

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
     Hiya and thanks for keeping us up on the progress,and sounds like problem solved and you are happy again. Think the around 100 flawless rounds was so consistent with my federal ammo,I loaded 10 mags and that was my .22lr limit for the day,did keep a metal pick,just in case. We did have a forum member that ran the Kadet without cleaning for I believe thousands of rounds,He posted pics of the art of fouling it built up,ALOT. Be well.