Author Topic: Having the hardest time fitting the kadet kit  (Read 1108 times)

Offline chomorro

Re: Having the hardest time fitting the kadet kit
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »
Just got back from the range.  Tried a 13lb blue spring in the CGW shadow sp01.  Cci blazer 22 had maybe 4 out of 10 light strikes every magazine.  Ran through 20 rounds of golden bullet without any issues but didnt bring more to test.

Going to try more golden bullets and see if that runs reliably.  The 13lb spring didnt change the pull too much but it is noticeable over the 11lb spring.

I do have a 15lb spring that is guaranteed to run reliably (according to cgw) but I dont think I'm willing to sacrifice the 9mm trigger pull for it.

Overall im disappointed I cant use my 11lb black spring with this kit, it would have been perfect.  If I can't get it to run with the 13lb I will most likely sell it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:31 PM »
     Hiya Chamorro and hope ya don't mind my two cents on you Kadet subject. I ran it on my po-2 and shadow frame with combos of springs and even sent out for the extended firing pin that,if memory serves Joe L. fabricated.The final solution became dedicate a frame for it,so bought a 75b-SA, went overboard and prolly the most expensive .22 I've owned. The 13lb spring and the extended firing pin moved 50% light strike to bout 25%, but the 17lb spring made the biggest improvement to 5%. So for that last attempt try the 17lb spring, see if Joe L. was the extended firing pin guy, if not pm me and will look around for a spare. Hope that helps. Be well.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
It was 75Plus (the other Joe) that made a firing pin, but it won't solve the light hammer spring problem.  Even a 15 lb hammer spring won't be 100% in most pistols.  A 17 lb spring has been 100% in my pistol and is the minimum requirement in my opinion, for reliable ignition, no matter what else is done to help things. 

Folks have been trying to run the Kadet with their preferred light DA/SA game gun hammer springs (I assume) ever since the Kadet first came out.  Won't work. 

I switched springs with the slides for a year, got tired of that and just went SAO and pretty much dedicated my 75B frame to the Kadet.  Once you go SAO, the 17 lb hammer spring isn't a problem switching slides, but it is no longer a production gun for run and gun either, from what I remember of the rules.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:16 AM »
Light firing pin spring, stolen from the ballpoint pen works very well with 13lb main spring. That and filing the chisel point of the firing pin to reduce the contact area served me well for many thousand rounds without light strikes.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »
Light firing pin spring, stolen from the ballpoint pen works very well with 13lb main spring. That and filing the chisel point of the firing pin to reduce the contact area served me well for many thousand rounds without light strikes.

Try it, nothing to loose!  I ran a ball point pen spring for a few months myself when I lost the CZ spring, but I didn't try it with a 13lb hammer spring.  I hope it works for you.  You might also need to use Boris' choice of ammo.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline adrian

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »
     Hiya chomorroand thx for the thread. Collectively we feel your pain. And for ca's part noticed the last sentence is their advertising suggested that a different spring may be needed to insure ignition,but stops short of suggesting a particular weight. Considering the actual use of the variety of brushes,trigger locks,mag loaders, tools,extra slide stops they include with there product. I'd have traded a trigger lock for a 17 lbs mainspring with a note suggesting its use if running less than 15lbs in the rig you want to use the Kadet on.
     I thought you ran a cajun and a unmodified po-1 and the unmodified ran pretty good with the Kadet.
     Joe L. via this forum, rewind to threads here for march of 2013, shared his experiences and I agreed the 75b SA was ideal choice for the kit, I didn't want to have to swap out the 13 for 17lb when I wanted to shoot .22,in my czc 75b SA, so bought a 75b SA just for the Kadet. And yes that solution kinda defeats the idea of using it on many other compatable fitting cz's, but the catch will always be 17 lb mainspring, if you want to reduce light strikes to next to none. I'd bought enough mags to shoot 100rds without reloading and that took care of my .22 practice on any given range day. And fair act of crud needed cleaning after each outing. Think .22 ammo then,post sandy hook, was cheap at 10cents a round if you were lucky enough to find it. Hope your solution involves keeping and enjoying at least one of your kadet kits. Be well.