Author Topic: CZ dropped the 75B SA for 2019  (Read 1376 times)

Offline schutz85C

Re: CZ dropped the 75B SA for 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
Never made much sense to me to have a SAO competition pistol with a firing pin block. That's not to say it isn't a nice gun, I just wonder if that's why it didn't sell in enough numbers to stay in the lineup.
Totally agree.  It also seemed odd that the hammer/sear were standard and not that good out of the box.

I do like the frame though.  I wouldn’t mind having one for a kadet kit host with the lifter removed and new hammer.
Would be a great Kadet host.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree, I agree, I agree !! That is why I bought the 85C. If needed, I can convert to single action. Beaver tail is not a practical issue in my case. How about the cz75 bull slide on this frame sans FPB ??
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline DogGoneD

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »
CZJ Being new to CZ.Ill ask the question why would you convert from sa to da.
The 75B SA has a unique and desirable frame/slide combination.  If you want that in a traditional da/sa polycoat gun, you need to get a SA and convert it.

I have a CZ85 Combat.  What is the difference between the CZ 75B SA frame/slide and the standard CZ 75B?

Thank you.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
The SA frames have an extended beavertail.  The slides have longer frame rails (although if you look closely the longer rails seem to be more cosmetic than functional.  The .40 slide has an opening for a full-length guide rod; the 9m does not.  I suspect the SA frames and slides are a little bit heavier than the standard non-SA frames and slides, because of their different shapes, but it would be a minor difference.

(There may be other differences, but my memory, like everything else, isn't what it used to be.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:06:25 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline retteryer

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
SA slide is basically SP-01 slide without full length rails,I would say it’s a minor difference,weight wise and cosmetic,it is much heavier.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline CZJ

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 03:33:18 PM »
Yes! The SA is about an ounce heavier than a standard B model

Offline bang bang

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
it just make the ones i have more valuable.

Offline DogGoneD

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
The SA frames have an extended beavertail.  The slides have longer frame rails (although if you look closely the longer rails seem to be more cosmetic than functional.  The .40 slide has an opening for a full-length guide rod; the 9m does not.  I suspect the SA frames and slides are a little bit heavier than the standard non-SA frames and slides, because of their different shapes, but it would be a minor difference.

(There may be other differences, but my memory, like everything else, isn't what it used to be.)

Mr. Sherrill,

Thank you for the response and the information.  It was very helpful.

Regards,