Author Topic: CZ dropped the 75B SA for 2019  (Read 7295 times)

Offline schutz85C

Re: CZ dropped the 75B SA for 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
Never made much sense to me to have a SAO competition pistol with a firing pin block. That's not to say it isn't a nice gun, I just wonder if that's why it didn't sell in enough numbers to stay in the lineup.
Totally agree.  It also seemed odd that the hammer/sear were standard and not that good out of the box.

I do like the frame though.  I wouldn?t mind having one for a kadet kit host with the lifter removed and new hammer.
Would be a great Kadet host.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree, I agree, I agree !! That is why I bought the 85C. If needed, I can convert to single action. Beaver tail is not a practical issue in my case. How about the cz75 bull slide on this frame sans FPB ??
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline DogGoneD

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »
CZJ Being new to CZ.Ill ask the question why would you convert from sa to da.
The 75B SA has a unique and desirable frame/slide combination.  If you want that in a traditional da/sa polycoat gun, you need to get a SA and convert it.

I have a CZ85 Combat.  What is the difference between the CZ 75B SA frame/slide and the standard CZ 75B?

Thank you.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
The SA frames have an extended beavertail.  The slides have longer frame rails (although if you look closely the longer rails seem to be more cosmetic than functional.  The .40 slide has an opening for a full-length guide rod; the 9m does not.  I suspect the SA frames and slides are a little bit heavier than the standard non-SA frames and slides, because of their different shapes, but it would be a minor difference.

(There may be other differences, but my memory, like everything else, isn't what it used to be.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:06:25 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline retteryer

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
SA slide is basically SP-01 slide without full length rails,I wouldn?t  say it?s a minor difference,weight wise and cosmetic,it is much heavier.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 12:03:11 AM by retteryer »
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline CZJ

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 03:33:18 PM »
Yes! The SA is about an ounce heavier than a standard B model

Offline bang bang

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 03:52:22 PM »
it just make the ones i have more valuable.

Offline DogGoneD

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 12:48:51 PM »
The SA frames have an extended beavertail.  The slides have longer frame rails (although if you look closely the longer rails seem to be more cosmetic than functional.  The .40 slide has an opening for a full-length guide rod; the 9m does not.  I suspect the SA frames and slides are a little bit heavier than the standard non-SA frames and slides, because of their different shapes, but it would be a minor difference.

(There may be other differences, but my memory, like everything else, isn't what it used to be.)

Mr. Sherrill,

Thank you for the response and the information.  It was very helpful.

Regards,

Offline 2tango2

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »
2 Tango 2 ,what grips are those very nice.

Sorry just revisited this post

I believe they are the VZ Frags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katsu

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2019, 02:57:17 AM »
I heard the tooling for the unique components of the SA were reaching end of life, and given the sales numbers it wasn't financially viable for CZ to get new tooling made.

I had to try three different stores to find one, but one will be joining my fleet in 10 days.
The fleet:
CZ 75 P-01
CZ 75b SA
S&W 19-3
S&W/Aero AR-15
Remington 870 Wingmaster
M1 Garand

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2019, 09:36:32 AM »
Quote from: katsu
I heard the tooling for the unique components of the SA were reaching end of life, and given the sales numbers it wasn't financially viable for CZ to get new tooling made.

What you heard may be right, but that seems like an "idea" rather than a good explanation.  I wonder what unique components require specialized tooling?

The slides for both the .40 and 9mm versions are slightly different than the DA/SA versions, but the 9mm or .40 versions could be used if a SA model was still wanted, and it would be only slightly different, and the slides from the SP-01 or Shadow are also compatible.  The frame itself is cast.   

If you want an extended beavertail -- one of the things I liked about my 9m SA -- that's available in other models such as the SP-01 and Shadow, and those models have a rail; I know that's a turnoff for some shooters, but it hasn't hurt sales of SP-01s and Shadow models.  There's nothing really different about the internal parts of the SA except for the trigger lever (no big deal) and there's no connector -- but except for that, the parts are the same for all 75B-based guns.  (Disconnector-equipped models have a slightly different hammer with one less hammer hook.)

CZ also discontinued the 85 Combat, and probably for what is likely to be the same reason -- not enough demand to bother...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:23:41 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2019, 10:04:46 AM »
If anybody really wants this frame, CZC has the frame only(includes everything minus the upper) on sale right now. It can be found under "CZ Custom Guns" on their website. P/N 99009.

Offline CZJ

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 06:38:15 PM »
Quote from: katsu

What you heard may be right, but that seems like an "idea" rather than a good explanation.  I wonder what unique components require specialized tooling?

The slides for both the .40 and 9mm versions are slightly different than the DA/SA versions, but the 9mm or .40 versions could be used if a SA model was still wanted, and it would be only slightly different, and the slides from the SP-01 or Shadow are also compatible.  The frame itself is cast.   

If you want an extended beavertail -- one of the things I liked about my 9m SA -- that's available in other models such as the SP-01 and Shadow, and those models have a rail; I know that's a turnoff for some shooters, but it hasn't hurt sales of SP-01s and Shadow models.  There's nothing really different about the internal parts of the SA except for the trigger lever (no big deal) and there's no connector -- but except for that, the parts are the same for all 75B-based guns.  (Disconnector-equipped models have a slightly different hammer with one less hammer hook.)

CZ also discontinued the 85 Combat, and probably for what is likely to be the same reason -- not enough demand to bother...
I would imagine the same tooling is used for the stainless frames as they have the same profile as the SA's. And the rail on the SP01 and Shadow is pretty much useless if you're not attaching anything or are looking for clean lines. The only reason I bought another SA was for the frame profile. Its just sweet, and I can make it DA/SA if I like. They really should just make the 75B with this frame across the board period imho

Offline retteryer

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 12:11:51 AM »
If anybody really wants this frame, CZC has the frame only(includes everything minus the upper) on sale right now. It can be found under "CZ Custom Guns" on their website. P/N 99009.

$475 on ?SALE? is almost a price of a new gun,plus you can sell mags and slide and even make money.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline HST

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2019, 06:15:09 AM »
I paid 519 plus tax last year for a 75 SA.
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2019, 06:22:38 AM »

$475 on ?SALE? is almost a price of a new gun,plus you can sell mags and slide and even make money.
That's why I said "if anybody really wants".  8)

anything