Author Topic: A good outfit needs some help  (Read 395 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
A good outfit needs some help
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
This is my neighbor, good people.

Hi,

Central Arizona Target Shooters (Team ID 646) and the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation (SSSF) is promoting Vision 20/20.  The team with the most unique donations will win $10,000. We really want it to be the Central Arizona Target Shooters. Please just make a $5 donation today and get your other family members and friends to do the same.  It's a great way to promote youth shooting sports where we teach and train youth how to safely handle and shoot firearms.
In 2016 the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation launched a  campaign entitled, “VISION 20/20” with the goal to grow national youth participation in the Scholastic Clay Target Program and Scholastic Action Shooting Program to over 20,000 student athletes annually by the year 2020. In partnership with industry partners, civic organizations, member teams and DONORS like you the SSSF will provide the opportunity and funding for more students to join existing shooting teams and create new teams where none exist today.

Tax-deductible contributions to the Vision 20/20 campaign benefits local shooting teams by providing immediate cash needs for next season and future support via MidwayUSA Foundation team endowment account growth! Contributions to Central Arizona Targets Shooters Team ID 646 must be made before the end of the year.

Here is a link to donate online. Please use 646 as the team ID.
https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ScholasticShootingSportsFound/vision2020.html
Donate to Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation Vision 20/20!
SSSF Team ID - Enter Number Only (if none use SSSF)* Name of Person Contacting Me (if applicable) Donation Amount*
app.etapestry.com

Please use 646 as the team ID.  Half of your contribution will come back directly to our team in January as cash money, 1/4 will go to SSSF to promote youth shooting sports nationwide.  The remaining 1/4 will go to our Midway USA endowment account which will be matched dollar for dollar by Larry and Brenda Potterfield.  Plus there is $60,000 dollars that will be split among all teams nationwide that are adding money to their endowment accounts in the month of December.  We are able to draw 5% from our endowment account yearly to use for our youth shooting team.  Currently we have $152,000 in the account so our yearly draw is $7600.  As you can see 100% of your contribution will be a benefit to our team.  I'm only asking for $5 that's less than one box of shotgun shells and it will continue to help our team forever and put us in the lead to receive that $10,000 prize for the team getting the most unique donors!

Thank you,

Rodney Shedd
Head Coach
Central Arizona Target Shooters

They are a great group that helps get kids into the shooting sports, so the next generation grows up with the same fun and respect we have, instead of only learning about guns on TV and movies. Speaking of movies, here is an old film I made of one of the teams with them during a practice;

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: A good outfit needs some help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:32:37 PM »
Awesome!

Tagging so I can get this done next year.  :o Happy New year.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 08:42:02 AM »
Let me encourage you to do all you can to support youth programs.

And BTW, great camera work there, Mr A !
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

New to reloading? PM me about used equipment.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:11:24 PM »
The camera stuff was actually almost by accident - the girls and their parents did NOT know me, deliberately, as they were about to go to a real high publicity match, and I was asked to play intrusive media photographer. Oddly enough, I have difficulty playing a jerk so it went easier than with a real photog, though I was told later the experience did help them win the match. :) I hadn't even intended on taking video, just photos - these were almost accidental, and just HAPPENED to string together.
You should see these girls shoot NOW...holy cowski, one girl is being seriously courted by some Olympic scouts. No joke. Some of them can clear Speed Trap in less than 1.5 seconds. The coach, the tall guy in the video, is also a co worker, retired service and provides his services free. lso one heck of an instructor.
This program has expanded to trap, skeet and even archery all on this same private range area that I occasionally am allowed to shoot on myself.

If you can help them, that would be great, as they are doing what we all need to do - train the next generation of shooters.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
Very happy to announce the Central Arizona Target Shooters team raised $1170 from 88 unique donors which was the second most donors in the nation! Because of that we won $8000 of added money. A big thanks to all that either donated or shared it with others. Every donation was extremely important we only finished 2nd by one donation!
For those that helped, thank you very much!

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
Sweeeeet! ;D
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 08:32:47 AM »
...they are doing what we all need to do - train the next generation of shooters.

I am, I am !

In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

New to reloading? PM me about used equipment.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 04:11:50 AM »
Very cool, sir very cool! 8)

anything