Author Topic: CZ SP01 finish touch up  (Read 781 times)

Offline tyger2

CZ SP01 finish touch up
« on: December 31, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »
I dinged/chipped my finish on my SP01. I there a touch up that will cover up and raise the chipped finish?

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: CZ SP01 finish touch up
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 06:34:36 PM »
Birchwood Casey Flat Black Touch Up Pen is what I have used and recommended on the CZ website.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:51:21 PM by anonymouscuban »

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 07:13:26 PM »
I don't have one and haven't really seen one, except in photos, but if the SP01 hass the standard polycoat finish almost any Matte Black auto body touch up paint will be a good match.  Dupli-Color matte black has always been a perfect match for my polycoated CZs.   

I generally get one of the larger spray can -- which is more expensive -- but, because it's a thinner paint than the paint in the little bottles with built-in applicators,  you can apply it with a model paint brush for better, more precise results.   

Offline tyger2

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
Anyway to raise up the area that was chipped

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
The small bottle of matte black touch-up paint, which is thicker than the paint in the spray can, may be better for THAT problem.  The matte black paint can be applied in several coats, letting each coat dry before applying the next coat, and it will fill the chipped area.  Just apply it carefully. 

anything