Author Topic: Quarter Century  (Read 348 times)

Offline 75Plus

• +10
Quarter Century
« on: December 31, 2018, 09:59:58 PM »
Today I completed a quarter century of blissful retirement! It was absolutely the best of the three plus quarter centuries I have lived through. With my current state of health I doubt that I will add much to the total but that isy OK. I have had a fabulous life and if I had it to do over I would not change a thing.

This month was also the tenth anniversary of my joining the CZ Forum. It has been the icing on the cake. There is not a greater group of people on the web than this group. Thanks to all that have helped me enjoy the past ten years.

75Plus (Joe)
“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.”
George Washington

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Offline Tok36

Re: Quarter Century
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:34:34 PM »
Glad to have you around the CZ Forums Joe. You embody what is great about this place.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:01:53 PM »
Congrats sir and thank you for being here. I wouldn't be so pessimistic yet - you might surprise yourself!

Offline Ballista

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:05:51 PM »
Happy New Year Joe!!!

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:11:08 PM »
Happy New Year Joe !

Offline The Guardian

• CZ dreamin'... zzzzzzz..... don't wake me
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »
Glad to have you around the CZ Forums Joe. You embody what is great about this place.

What Tok36 said  ^^^   This is my 4th time around on this forum, have enjoyed your insight each time.....best wishes in the new year  :)
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 03:44:45 AM »
Congrats and best wishes for many more and a Happy New Year!

Online Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
This month was also the tenth anniversary of my joining the CZ Forum. It has been the icing on the cake. There is not a greater group of people on the web than this group. Thanks to all that have helped me enjoy the past ten years.

I'm also retired and "living the dream". Congrats to you, sir !

The only difference in our thinking is that I'm sure there must be a "greater group" of people out there....

...but that group simply hasn't allowed me to join !  But, until my engraved invitation arrives, you're very correct. This is a great group of people.

O0
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 08:54:09 AM »
Today I completed a quarter century of blissful retirement! It was absolutely the best of the three plus quarter centuries I have lived through. With my current state of health I doubt that I will add much to the total but that isy OK. I have had a fabulous life and if I had it to do over I would not change a thing.

75Plus (Joe)

Joe....first thought that came to mind when I read you post was.... what wonderful positive sentiment you expressed to start off the New Year. Thank you for that......it made my day (and it's early!). Congrats on your quarter century, and I hope that 'health' thing doesn't get in the way of you enjoying many more years. Coincidentally, today is 'day 1' of my own 'retirement'.....of course, I don't know yet what that word means, but I'll figure it out someday....maybe :-)

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 06:28:54 PM »
Growing old does not appear to be for the weak; admire your strength and energy to be active at 75+ Joe  :)