Author Topic: Optic Height for Bren Rifle  (Read 314 times)

Offline sbui

Optic Height for Bren Rifle
« on: January 01, 2019, 12:37:21 PM »
So what is the right optic height for the Bren Rifle? I SBR'd my pistol.  Now I have issues for neutral sight picture. 

I'm running an aimpoint, and the the regular AR 1/3 co-witness and co witness are too high to give a neutral sight picture.

I also tried using AR height rings for LPVO, an that was to high.

So I was wondering what you guys are running.

For the aimpoint I was thinking getting the larue LT660HK, cause it brings it down a little bit.  I tried just the standard low aimpoint, and it was too low. 

What irons are you using also for your rifle setup to get the neutral sight picture.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:53:46 PM by sbui »

Offline mig1nc

Re: Optic Height for Bren Rifle
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
Would a cheek riser solve the problem?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Laughing Snake

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »
Mine has Troy micro sights and a DI Optics FC1. They absolute cowitness and are the perfect height for me. The Troy micros are intended for rails offset higher than an AR.

Offline i303

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:21:08 AM »
I just got a LaRue T1 mount for HK height.  I also have a cowit LaRue on a AR.  The AR cowit puts that T1 only around 1/8" higher.  Either one seems ideal for the Bren. 

Offline sbui

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
Well I just got that mount and it is working good for what I want. 

I just got a LaRue T1 mount for HK height.  I also have a cowit LaRue on a AR.  The AR cowit puts that T1 only around 1/8" higher.  Either one seems ideal for the Bren. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:47 AM »
So, consensus is a HK riser height is good?

Offline i303

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:18:47 AM »
Seems so.  I tried the MRO I had on a low mount and that seemed just a tad low but it helps the MRO having a bigger lens and the way the MRO is it sits higher than a T1. It would been lower with a T1 on a low mount. 

I forgot to mention I have  a ACR stock which helps with the cheek height.

Offline sbui

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 03:19:33 PM »
it could be about .2 inches lower for me, cause I'm still used to my head position like an AR.  Haven't had any training courses specifically for this rifle yet, so time will tell for me. 

Seems so.  I tried the MRO I had on a low mount and that seemed just a tad low but it helps the MRO having a bigger lens and the way the MRO is it sits higher than a T1. It would been lower with a T1 on a low mount. 

I forgot to mention I have  a ACR stock which helps with the cheek height.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 08:01:47 AM »
So what is the right optic height for the Bren Rifle? I SBR'd my pistol.  Now I have issues for neutral sight picture. 

I'm running an aimpoint, and the the regular AR 1/3 co-witness and co witness are too high to give a neutral sight picture.

I also tried using AR height rings for LPVO, an that was to high.

So I was wondering what you guys are running.

For the aimpoint I was thinking getting the larue LT660HK, cause it brings it down a little bit.  I tried just the standard low aimpoint, and it was too low. 

What irons are you using also for your rifle setup to get the neutral sight picture.

Due to the Bren stock position, anything made for AR-height optics would be too high!  If you are running an Aimpoint, the ADM T1 low mount would work.  If you are running a scope, say 30mm tube, a set of 30mm medium height rings would work.

anything