Author Topic: Can't get P09 indent back in from grip strap.  (Read 5736 times)

Offline AVinLo

Re: Can't get P09 indent back in from grip strap.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
I am confused by indent do you mean retaining pin ? By pushing down on the lanyard loop you release pressure on the retaining pin and push it out . To reassemble you have to line up the holes correctly and reinsert the "dog bone pin" ? I am missing something here ?

Its probably "retaining pin". I have no clue. I'm still learning guns. I read the term "indent" and assumed all the PINS holding guns together were called indents.

Again, Im learning this stuff and learning as I go. I have never touched a pistol before July 2018. Im sorry if I sound like a broken record as I keep repeating this.

You just lost me with....'dog bone pin' and 'lanyard loop'. Thinking back the pin that held the polymer piece that the hammer spring sat in that I pushed back up in the hole did resemble a dog bone because it was fat on both ends and slim in middle.....if that makes any sense. 😔
That's it :)
As others have mentioned, I find the lanyard loop plug does make installation of the pin easier. I put one in my P-09:

Regards,
Greg

Quite a difference in your P09 and mine. How would I go about getting that tip or extension on the barrel?

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 01:02:43 AM »

Just got gun block in. So, here's my 'little slice of heaven'.......in disarray...lol. Cleaning my AR15 from last night's range time.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 06:43:25 AM »
AVinLo, it does my heart good to see a bench that looks like mine.  Thank you.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
just curious 2 BCG'S on your workbench what toys do they go to?
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline gb6491

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2019, 12:20:38 PM »
I am confused by indent do you mean retaining pin ? By pushing down on the lanyard loop you release pressure on the retaining pin and push it out . To reassemble you have to line up the holes correctly and reinsert the "dog bone pin" ? I am missing something here ?

Its probably "retaining pin". I have no clue. I'm still learning guns. I read the term "indent" and assumed all the PINS holding guns together were called indents.

Again, Im learning this stuff and learning as I go. I have never touched a pistol before July 2018. Im sorry if I sound like a broken record as I keep repeating this.

You just lost me with....'dog bone pin' and 'lanyard loop'. Thinking back the pin that held the polymer piece that the hammer spring sat in that I pushed back up in the hole did resemble a dog bone because it was fat on both ends and slim in middle.....if that makes any sense. 😔
That's it :)
As others have mentioned, I find the lanyard loop plug does make installation of the pin easier. I put one in my P-09:

Regards,
Greg

Quite a difference in your P09 and mine. How would I go about getting that tip or extension on the barrel?
My P-09 came with an extended and threaded barrel. The thread protector is just something smaller than the OEM version.
Regards,
Greg

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 05:59:39 PM »

Im sorry, sir......dont know the term 'BCG'. What is a BCG?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Jav_eee

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »

It stands for ?bolt carrier group?. The thingy that cycles the bullets in an AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
Alvin, I believe the long hollow piece is called a bolt carrier.

The smaller piece with the gas rings, ejector, extractor and locking lugs is called a bolt.

Together they are the bolt carrier group.  I hate acronyms, most of the time.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Jav_eee

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
Alvin, I believe the long hollow piece is called a bolt carrier.

The smaller piece with the gas rings, ejector, extractor and locking lugs is called a bolt.

Together they are the bolt carrier group.  I hate acronyms, most of the time.

If you?re talking about the tube where the stock rides on that?s called the buffer tube. It holds the Buffer and spring that ?catch? the BCG when a round is fired.

The ?bolt? and all its parts that you described is the BCG.

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »

It stands for ?bolt carrier group?. The thingy that cycles the bullets in an AR.

Lol....I'm not good with 'acronyms'.....SMH, at myself!

I on have 1 BCG and that's to my AR-15. S&W M&P Sport 2 16" barrel. When I took that pic I had it broken down for a full cleaning. I'm soon to get a CMMG .22 caliber conversion kit for my AR-15 .223/5.56. It will be strictly for target practice, but should save me a fortune in two to three rounds just planking for fun we're shooting at the range. I have a buddy that has a buddy that has an FFL license and owns a small Gun Shop or maybe even just a Gun Supply, but I'm getting his discount and getting that conversion kit for $136. Not too bad on savings but every little bit helps you know?

That said I was at Academy Sports yesterday and bought a ton of stuff probably $200 worth of knick knacks, but my best purchase was my rifle stand so I can get it sighted in.

Technically that will be my 2nd BCG....

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
If you notice the top picture of my new Caldwell Matrix gun stands. I didn't read the directions and starter cranking on it and stripped two of teeth that are made of plastic. I'm so mad at myself I can't see straight, but I promise I won't start cussing.😄😄

Also I bent the little lock ring and trying to fix it right now to get it the fit on their snuggly. Just goes to show reading assembly directions definitely helps.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:36 PM »
Link to a picture of a bolt carrier at DS Arms.  It's hollow, not the same diameter all the way through, but it's hollow.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15797-dsa-ar15-m16-cut-bolt-carrier-assembly-only-no-bolt-included.aspx

link to a bolt at DS Arms.  Has the extractor, ejector, gas rings, etc.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15798-dsa-ar15-complete-bolt-head-assembly-mpi.aspx

Link to a bolt carrier group at DS Arms  bolt carrier, bolt, firing pin, cam pin, etc.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15793-dsa-ar15-m16-type-complete-bolt-carrier-group-556-223-300-blk.aspx

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 01:08:17 AM »
Link to a picture of a bolt carrier at DS Arms.  It's hollow, not the same diameter all the way through, but it's hollow.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15797-dsa-ar15-m16-cut-bolt-carrier-assembly-only-no-bolt-included.aspx

link to a bolt at DS Arms.  Has the extractor, ejector, gas rings, etc.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15798-dsa-ar15-complete-bolt-head-assembly-mpi.aspx

Link to a bolt carrier group at DS Arms  bolt carrier, bolt, firing pin, cam pin, etc.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-15793-dsa-ar15-m16-type-complete-bolt-carrier-group-556-223-300-blk.aspx
AWESOME! Im gonna grab me a spare BCG(like in bottom link) when get extra funds.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 06:15:59 AM »
Alvin, I got two from DSA for $60 each a couple weeks ago.  Yeah, complete, the whole thing.  And then (of course) Palmetto State Armory put theirs on sale for $50 each a couple days ago.  That's the lowest price I've ever seen on a bolt carrier group.  I've got several PSA bolts, never had an issue with any of them.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »
I have an aero Precision AR-15 pistol with this bolt carrier group. If you don't like cleaning the BCG this is the one to have, stays very clean. YouTube will tell you all about it.
If you check around you can probably find it even cheaper. It's a great product.

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Aero-Precision-556-Nickel-Boron-Bolt-Carrier-Group-APRH100070C.htm?categoryId=-1
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:57:39 PM by DOC 1500 »
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!