Author Topic: Anybody use a LabRadar chronograph ?  (Read 538 times)

Offline Clint007

Re: Anybody use a LabRadar chronograph ?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 07:00:29 PM »
I?ve only used 9mm, 10mm, 300BLK and can?t comment on other calibers
Huh?

Offline rg422

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:13 PM »
I have had mine for 2 years now with no complaints, although I cannot compare it to any other chronographs, as this is my first (and hopefully last) chronograph. I have used it for load development for 6.5CM, .308, .223, .500S&W, 9mm and .40S&W and it worked perfectly each time.

A phone app is available, but personally, it doesn't make it any easier to use, so I just don't even bother with the app.You do need to get the settings within the Labradar menu correct and proper placement for it to work as intended.

The battery pack they sell can be found on Amazon for cheap. You can basically use any battery pack as long as the output is more than the power requirement of the unit, 800mA. I agree AA batteries don't last that long, so I would highly recommend an external battery pack.

Overall, with my personal experience with the LabRadar, I would highly recommend it.

Richard

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 06:17:37 PM »
It looks like the price is fixed at $559. All the places I visited seem to have exactly the same price.

Anyone know of any discount codes or other such price reducers ??
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong?

Check out my reloading equipment for sale CLICK HERE

Offline aasbra

Anybody use a LabRadar chronograph ?
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 07:50:24 PM »
It looks like the price is fixed at $559. All the places I visited seem to have exactly the same price.

Anyone know of any discount codes or other such price reducers ??
Watch Brownells.  They put them on sale a couple times a year, and if you get lucky, the sale may coincide with one of their other discounts they frequently offer and free shipping. 

I purchased mine from them when they had the unit on a sale price, plus an additional 10% off.  I think it was about $100 off, plus free shipping.  That, combined with Brownells 100% satisfaction guarantee, was enough incentive to get my business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline jt57

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
I use mine with 9mm and .45 at an indoor range.  My target is always at 20 yards when I use it.  I've collected over 200 series over two years.  It picks up all of my shots without issue.  If someone is shooting a canon in the adjacent stall it might pick those up also, but they are easy to identify and delete.  Most of the time my muzzle is slightly in front of the unit due to bench space constraints.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
That's good info. Thanks for that !
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong?

Check out my reloading equipment for sale CLICK HERE

anything