Author Topic: Beretta baseplates for compact mags  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Rittmeister

Beretta baseplates for compact mags
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
So, after seeing a pic on the CZ FB group and inquiring about it, I picked up a few Beretta 92 baseplates for the 14-round MecGar mags that I use with my P01.  They fit great, lock in with the retainer plate, don't protrude beyond the frontstrap, and as a bonus are only $6 each from Beretta USA...

However, they're a bit loose.  That is, they easily slide around fore-and-aft on the retaining tabs/lips at the bottom of the mag.  They certainly haven't popped off or anything but I'm wondering if anyone using these has had this problem, and if so, what anyone might have done to solve it and have them on there more solidly?

Thanks in advance.

Offline CzechnoWizard

Re: Beretta baseplates for compact mags
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »
Do you mean extended bases? I have used beretta+2 on cz and can post a pic of my retainer solution. Do you mean std baseplate? Closest I have tried is a billet aluminum designed for beretta on my p01. That works but only with certain versions of the little plate that attaches to bottom of the mag spring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »
Standard plastic Beretta 92 base plates.

OT but I use 16-round MecGars for a full-size CZ, with an SP01 baseplate, when I want +2 on the P01.

Offline rm06

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
I had the same issue with mine but I can't remember exactly what I did to solve it - I think I used the magazine spring retainer (not exactly sure of the name) from a Beretta mag instead of the CZ which took away a lot of the sloppiness. Let me know if that works, if not I can take some of mine apart to try to remember what it was.

Offline CzechnoWizard

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »
Not to hijack too far OT but I looked at those plastic bases before going a different direction. NDZ performance had these billet beretta bases which match the contour of the po1.

Offline CzechnoWizard

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »
For a real treat, This came from PPD and is dang near jewelry finish

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 10:08:53 PM »
I'll keep those NDZ units in mind, but they're twice the price of the stock Beretta units, and of course I've already got those so I'm trying to make them work :D

As for the ones from PPD, they're very pretty but too shiny for my taste, and they stick out from the frontstrap just like the factory flat baseplates; those pinch my small finger and this whole exercise was to alleviate that.  I may try trimming some of those off to match the frontstrap someday...

Offline CzechnoWizard

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »
Actually the ppd are ball cut to avoid a pinch. But they are way blingy.
CGW has their own line of baseplates now too.

Offline David0408

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 10:21:38 AM »
CZ makes a flush fit 15 round mag for the PCR and P01. They?re $42 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline puddintame

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:54:21 PM »
these are what I bought for mine. really like them.....https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-92-series-plastic-magazine-bottom-with-steel-insert/c57058/
Beretta 92/96 series plastic Magazine Bottom with steel insert

Offline john seeley

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 10:19:50 PM »
I, like many here, have the same issue with the plastic Beretta 92 baseplates on both my compact CZ 75 and Met-gar mags. I talked about it in the below link and I think it has something to do with the placement of the locking hole: https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=98053.msg762268#msg762268

However, I haven't come-up with a solution. I'd be eager to listen to any solutions mentioned.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 10:51:58 PM »
I use the Beretta 92 pads on my full size 75 and while I can shift them a little, it does not bother me and the work well and feel good.

Offline MikeLW

Beretta baseplates for compact mags
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 11:06:39 PM »
  they easily slide around fore-and-aft on the retaining tabs/lips at the bottom of the mag. 

I had the same problem but they worked fine for me EDC on my P-01 for a year or two until I got my Beretta M9. I didn't want those 2 sets of mags looking so much alike. I got the new CGW bases on my Compact now.