Author Topic: I sort of wish we could get Colt Canada stuff here...  (Read 277 times)

Offline Barn Owl Lover

I sort of wish we could get Colt Canada stuff here...
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
Like the IUR/MRR rifles.  They look slick and modern, and one of the few AR-15 variants that I'm interested in because of the effort that Colt Canada puts into them like cold hammer forged barrels and the integrated upper receivers.  But thanks to 922r, the NFA and Colt's own marketing (they do have plenty of AR-15 variants of their own to be fair), we can't get an exact CC AR-15.

I also think it's cool the upgrades that Colt Canada have done, not just for the Canadian Army, but also for the Netherlands, Denmark and UK Special Forces.  These can be found on the Colt Canada website under the upgrades category under the catalog section.

Offline RSR

Re: I sort of wish we could get Colt Canada stuff here...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »
CC/Diemaco are great guns. 

Some components can be sourced through civilian market and imported (primarily furniture). 

At one point Knights was using CC barrels.  The interesting thing about them, in at least the 15" or 16" barrel the British required, was that the mandrel used actually reduced the bore's diameter as it approached the muzzle, which increased accuracy/was required to meet the British SF's accuracy requirements.  The longer barrel being the requirement to achieve desired velocity...

A few CC/D lowers have come onto the civilian market over the years, and at times Colt USA has used CC/D upper receivers in US-built guns.

Their monolithic uppers aren't available AFAIK. 

US Marine Corp was working w/ CC to develop a new rifle, but I think that's been put on hold w/ some sort of weapon acquisition hiatus being put into place since the time of this article: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/15/us-marine-corps-working-with-colt-canada/

US MC partnering is a bit ironic due to the appeal to many of CC/D's ARs is that they rejected/never adopted most of the M16A2 upgrades that were primarily driven by US MC requirements, such as with elevation-adjustable A2 rear sight.