Author Topic: Mag drop solved  (Read 185 times)

Offline Jmoser

Mag drop solved
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »
Thanks to all who chimed in on the mag guide issues - upon closer inspection I found that the mag guide leaf was bowed forward too much.  I released the mainspring retainer, jiggered around a bit and was able to reassemble with the guide flush against the rear frame ears.  All 10 mags drop clear now; I must have missed that detail when reassembling after mods.

Funky design that allows the bottom hook to catch in different places I guess.

I will address the mag release pinching mod in near future but for now am ready to shoot a match.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Mag drop solved
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
Some people (I've read) like the magazine brake to hold the magazine in the pistol till they pull it out.

Different philosophies.  Like wanting to carry one with the hammer down in spite of safeties (B models have two already).

I've done a couple things to my brakes.  Either remove them or cut off the curved tab on the bottom (seems that might not have been a good idea after seeing pictures of peoples twisted up magazine brakes after they tried to shove them up in to the slide.)  I might have to have a second look at those two or three pistols and just remove that brake altogether.  The P07 and P09 have an exposed hammer spring/strut you can see through the bag of the mag. well, so having the CZ75's set up that way shouldn't be an issue.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline holidaypf

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 11:23:13 PM »
I bought a surplus, alloy-frame, 75 compact that had a bowed magazine brake. It did a good job retaining the magazine. But, I would rather stay consistent with mags that fly out, so I replaced it with one of these: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/mag-releases-brakes/cz-compact-magazine-brake-stainless.html.

Offline Jmoser

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »
Next time I need to order any small parts I will add the $5 HD mag guide.
Expect I will want an extended mag release eventually so that can be part of the phase 2 work along with the mag release bent spring leg mod.

anything