Author Topic: 455 Scout sight adjustment questions  (Read 1268 times)

Offline geokeg

455 Scout sight adjustment questions
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:24:55 PM »
I have a new 455 scout that is shooting low at 25? with cci cb long ammunition.  It looks like the rear sight is fixed and the forward blade has no adjustment capability either.  The instruction manual does not mention sight adjustments on the scout.  I do not want to screw things up by trying to do something that ought to be left alone.  Maybe I just need to adjust my sight picture and let the front sight cover the target?
I love the aperture rear sight on my 512 carbine.  If I order the aperture sight kit from czusa is it a simple replacement on the scout?

Offline eastman

Re: 455 Scout sight adjustment questions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 07:24:18 PM »
Have you tried it with standard velocity .22LR?

Part of the key to CZ .22 accuracy is the use of a tight bore, so the very low powered .22 Long CB will likely not be a good choice.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline geokeg

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 08:01:43 PM »
You make an excellent point, probably too much friction, taking away energy, causing the drop.  I will check it with other types and energy levels of bullets.

Obtw, I goofed it on terminology.  I meant ?tangent? sight on my carbine not ?aperture?.

Thanks for your input.

Offline Wiley Coyote

• It Ain't Easy Being Me!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 12:28:04 AM »
Eastman is on the right track. If you're looking for low noise, think about the 40 gr, 1050 fps CCI Sib-Sonic HPs, both the LHP AND CP S HPs. They work very well, shoot to the same POI with the same POA and are noticeably quieter. I'd avoid the "Quiets" as there has been reports of them getting stuck in some barrels.

Good luck ...
Clayton

Offline geokeg

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
Thanks Clayton.  Will take your advice and avoid quiets in my CZs.  The quiets work fine in my Browning BL-22, Ruger American Compact, and assorted hand guns.

anything