Author Topic: Why cant I find the longer barrel for sale anywhere?  (Read 561 times)

Offline Shorty Lickens

Why cant I find the longer barrel for sale anywhere?
« on: January 04, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
I love my pistol, but its not giving me the accuracy I want and I dont feel like purchasing the carbine version. Why cant I buy the carbine barrel?
If I somehow acquire the carbine barrel is it legal for me to install it in the pistol?
Is it POSSIBLE to install it in the pistol by myself at home?

Offline jason.luster.50

Re: Why cant I find the longer barrel for sale anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »
Legal yes as long as it's still a pistol no vertical grip and no stock. You can install yourself if it's already pressed into the barrel fixation and you replace as a unit. But you will not see accuracy gains from a longer barrel on a slight increase in velocity. If you are having accuracy issues with the gun on a rest I would suspect you have a defect in your factory barrel.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
OK but where can I find the carbine barrels?

Offline OpusXJ

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/366100400706_Carbine-Barrel-162-Evo

You can legally convert your pistol into a rifle as long as the barrel is 16" or longer. This way you can use a stock and VFG.

If your pistol is inaccurate it's possible the thread protector under the flash hider has come loose.

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:38:45 AM »

You can legally convert your pistol into a rifle as long as the barrel is 16" or longer. This way you can use a stock and VFG.

If your pistol is inaccurate it's possible the thread protector under the flash hider has come loose.

HOLY CRAP I was  looking all over the CZ site and couldnt find that bleep thing!!

Offline rcbif

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »
Suggest you research barrel length and accuracy first.

IMHO adding a longer barrel will not effect your accuracy on the EVO, unless you are using hand loads and shooting 100 yards or something - which this gun isn't designed to do. It's not a bench gun.

The difference in accuracy between the pistol and rifle length barrel will likely be negligible.

Make sure your thread protector is tight. If it is loose, it can have effect on accuracy.

Here's some distance shooting with a SUPER short barrel.

Offline jason.luster.50

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »

Sorry I had that backwards you are correct a pistol can be made a rifle but a rifle cannot be made a pistol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »
Got the barrel already.
CZ Custom is AMAZINGLY fast.

I also bought the improved collar which is so easy to install its kinda ridiculous. Bad news though, the new carbine barrel doesn't fit properly. You know that little block the takedown pin runs through? Its 1/32nd of an inch wider than the pistol barrel and won't fit with the trigger group. Ima take it to a smith soon and get it fixed.

I think I will also purchase a dedicated 21mm wrench and keep it in the gun bag. And I need to dig up one of my spare 3mm allen wrenches. I probably have a dozen of them floating around.

Unrelated question:
Has anybody ever bothered to polish the feed ramp, or does that seem unnecessary?

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
Got the barrel already.
CZ Custom is AMAZINGLY fast.

I also bought the improved collar which is so easy to install its kinda ridiculous. Bad news though, the new carbine barrel doesn't fit properly. You know that little block the takedown pin runs through? Its 1/32nd of an inch wider than the pistol barrel and won't fit with the trigger group. Ima take it to a smith soon and get it fixed.

I think I will also purchase a dedicated 21mm wrench and keep it in the gun bag. And I need to dig up one of my spare 3mm allen wrenches. I probably have a dozen of them floating around.

Unrelated question:
Has anybody ever bothered to polish the feed ramp, or does that seem unnecessary?

You got a Gen 2 barrel/fixation and your receiver is made for Gen 1 (narrower) You can widen it yourself.
Regarding feed ramp polishing, I did with my original pistol barrel because it wouldn't feed certain JHP projectiles.  The new 5.3" shorty barrel worked without polishing.  If you want to polish for piece of mind, do it. However, they all should work without polishing.

I hope your new barrel shoots well.

Offline John A.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 09:31:49 AM »

You got a Gen 2 barrel/fixation and your receiver is made for Gen 1 (narrower) You can widen it yourself.

I think it's only 1mm difference, but how do you accomplish that?  Especially so you can still use either style?

I would think widen the gen1 receiver so it would accept either barrel fixture.  I know that I probably shouldn't assume but you could probably shim up the gen2 receiver to fit a gen1 barrel.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »
Dremel.

Offline Shorty Lickens

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 01:38:30 PM »

Offline OpusXJ

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 09:13:59 AM »
File the inside of your lower. Easy fix.