Author Topic: I Got One  (Read 1192 times)

Offline dsierra

• Those who can make you believe absurdities can mak
I Got One
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:56:29 AM »
I looked all over the internet for a RAMI BD for weeks.  Found 3 at Tombstone Tactical on 12/26 and put one in the cart.  Got distracted until next morning.  Went to checkout and they were all gone.  Last Saturday, on a whim, I called a nearby LGS where I had never done any business and asked about a Rami.  He had one.  I was really excited.   I got there just before closing and put it in layaway as it was almost closing time.  I paid list price.  Got it out yesterday and cleaned it with Eezox last night. 

I am partial to my Browning Hi Powers but for some reason have now bought 3 CZs in past year.  Don't know why really as the trigger reach is a stretch on the 75 C and 85 Combat for my small hands.  The 85 Combat is NIB and is one of the last ones produced and the CZ guys have said it is one of the best fit and finish with the best action of any CZ they have ever seen.  It's truly a beautiful gun, much nicer looking than the one at the LGS so I guess that I will try the Cajun Reach Reduction kit and see if that makes the gun(s) more comfortable for me.  If not, then I will  sell them.

I'm keeping the RAMI.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: I Got One
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
Congrats and welcome to forum!

Short reach trigger will help.  I'm assuming that you are a DA kind of guy.  Do you also have reach issues with the hammer cocked?   Additionally, there are thinner grips out there, extended slide locks and aftermarket safeties that can help and won't break the bank.

Offline dsierra

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »
I put the CZ custom aluminum grips on the 75 C and 85 Combat and they helped some.  I can shoot the 75 C OK in single action but it's just not as comfortable in my hand as I would like.  So, I;m going to try the Reach Reduction kit.  If that works, I'll get rid of those crappy sights on the 75 C and also put the kit on the 85 Combat.

I plan on shooting the RAMI on Wednesday.  I hope I can shoot it accurately as I really like the looks and feel of the gun.  Will report my results.

I did notice something about my BD.  The CZ USA is not highlighted in White like most BDs I've seen in pics.  Mine is 2018 manufacture, did they change or are the ones I see highlighted by owners?
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »
Congrats on you new RAMI D!  I also have the same great firearm.  Just had to get used to the 2-finger grip because of the shorter grip.  Mags for it are on the expensive side.  It seems that mecgar mags are not available for the RAMI.  It does accept the other mecgar 75 mags but will stick out and do not have the grip extension. 

Also I sometime have FTFeed with heavy grain 9mm like 147gr with the flat nose and cone shaped bullets so I switch to 124gr with the round nose bullet which does not seem to have problems feeding reliably.

Offline dsierra

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
Good to know.  I generally shoot 115 Grain Winchester because I can get them for $.19 a round.
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Offline aribus

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 02:48:51 PM »
May I recommend modified Pierce pinky extensions for the 10 round magazine? I found some on eBay specifically for the Rami. I had to do a little sanding to knock down some edges but now I have a full grip on with the smaller mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 12:27:34 AM »
Congrats on you new RAMI D!  I also have the same great firearm.  Just had to get used to the 2-finger grip because of the shorter grip.  Mags for it are on the expensive side.  It seems that mecgar mags are not available for the RAMI.  It does accept the other mecgar 75 mags but will stick out and do not have the grip extension. 

Also I sometime have FTFeed with heavy grain 9mm like 147gr with the flat nose and cone shaped bullets so I switch to 124gr with the round nose bullet which does not seem to have problems feeding reliably.

When I first received my Rami it also struggled with 147 grain fodder.  Since my favored SD round is 147gr HST, that wouldn't do.  I documented the problem wih picsnand sent to CZ USA.  They made it right in half the time they estimated.

anything