Author Topic: AccuShadow2 vs Shadow 2?  (Read 401 times)

Offline Varooom

AccuShadow2 vs Shadow 2?
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
Hello all,

Yesterday I ordered a black/blue Shadow 2 from my LGS, 10 day to 2 week wait to get it in.

Just was notified of an unexpected bonus from work O0.

Thinking of changing my order to the AccuShadow 2.

$600+ extra.  The Shadow 2 can be found in the $1100 area, AccuShadow 2 only MSRP of $1999.00.  Haven't found it any less.

Just wondering if its worth it.

Barrel bushing, even better trigger with lighter hammer.  Otherwise the same weapon as far as I can tell.

I will be using it for USPSA production and I am not very good.  I believe the standard Shadow 2 is already much better than I will ever be.

Then again, every little bit helps.

So, what's your opinion.  Waste of money stick with the Shadow 2 or, its only money get the AccuShadow 2.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

BTW:  haven't talked to my LGS yet about availability as they are closed until Tuesday.
Only 2 on GB both at MSRP.  Just because they make it doesn't mean you can get one.

Offline IDescribe

Re: AccuShadow2 vs Shadow 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 03:56:11 PM »
Get your AccuShadow 2 from CZCustom, the people making it.  Talk to Stuart here in the forums.

As to whether or not it is a waste of money, if you can afford it, and you want it, it's a waste of money to buy something different.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »
Is the accushadow legal for production?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:05:16 PM »
Actually no.  The Shadow 2 is, but not the AccuShadow 2.  The Accushadow and Acculite are, but the other Accu-models are not at this time.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 08:35:28 PM »
There's a third option that might be worth considering, although knowing CZ, it might not be available for a while. It's the new for 2019 CZ Shadow2 Orange. It appears to have a  barrel bushing similar to the AccuShadow as well as other upgrades, all from the factory.

I don't think a price has been announced yet, and like I said, CZ is notoriously slow in actually coming out with models that they have announced, but it does look interesting.  Click on the "The 2019 CZUB Catalog is online!" link in the upper right hand corner of the home page to see it.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:09:42 PM »
Shadow Orange not on production list.  Even if Shadow 2 Orange is, it wont be for ages.

Offline coolbox

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 05:45:03 AM »
If you can afford, get an Acuu-Shadow 2 upper from CZC. You can use the same frame for both slides. I would have done this.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Varooom

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:11:37 PM »
"Actually no.  The Shadow 2 is, but not the AccuShadow 2".

This pretty much clears it up.

I want this weapon for USPSA production so I will be staying with the Shadow 2.

Thank you very much for your replies,

Varooom

Offline Rex Kramer

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:48:03 PM »

I thought the accushadow 2 was legal because the shadow 2 is legal, the accushadow is legal and it's legal to install a bushing onto it.

Discussed in this thread:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/251333-accu-shadow-2/

anything