Author Topic: Ordered first CZ, Black/blue Shaddow 2  (Read 777 times)

Offline Varooom

Ordered first CZ, Black/blue Shaddow 2
« on: January 06, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »
Pretty much a Sig guy but,

Ordered it yesterday from my LGS.  He says 10 days to 2 weeks to get it in but I got a good price.

Since I have to wait I ordered a set of grips from LOC.

I have handled a Shadow 2 before and I have big hands so ordered the palm swell grips.  They should be perfect for me.
Really excited, cant wait.  There is something about a new weapon that makes me goofy.

It will be used for USPSA production practice and matches.

I see how these CZs can grow on you.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

BTW:  Saw Wolthers (SP) just released there Q-5 in steel.  Looks nice but still believe the Shadow 2 is king of production.

Offline 2morechains

Re: Ordered first CZ, Black/blue Shaddow 2
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »
I have a Shadow 2 inbound, should be at my FFL Monday or Tues.  A few years ago I shot a SP-01 Shadow as my Production gun.  The SP-01 came from CZC with their amazing trigger tune and pre-B disco, but the narrowness of the beavertail always rubbed the web of my hand wrong especially after an extended shooting session.  So when the S2?s first came out I sold my SP-01 to another USPSA shooter and played in another division for a while.  But now I have a hankering to shoot Prod again and always kept an eye on the Shadow 2 since the larger frame seemed to fit my hand better. 

I?ve got a couple friends who compete with the ploymer Q5 match and I?ve shot those guns.  It has a nice trigger, probably one of the nicer stock striker triggers I?ve shot.  One of them has been talking about getting the Q5 Steel Frame, so if he does I?ll probably get a chance to play with it.  But it?s not like I intend to dump my plans to get the Shadow 2 in favor of the Q5 SF.  That said, being a factory gun and at 41-42 oz, a person ought to be able to shape shift it into a Carry Optics gun pretty easily without all the dieting we have to do to the Shadow 2 to get it under 45 oz. 

anything