Author Topic: Scorpion Pistol, Serial Numbered? Other differences?  (Read 1838 times)

Offline z00mie

Scorpion Pistol, Serial Numbered? Other differences?
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:28:10 PM »
Is the scorpion pistol barrel serial numbered to match the pistol? I'm considering going carbine and swapping the handguard and barrel to end up with an SBR. Any other differences other than flash hider, hider retainer and handguard between pistol and carbine?

Offline z00mie

Re: Scorpion Pistol, Serial Numbered? Other differences?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
Wow, crickets...

Offline X16191

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:03:51 PM »
If you put a carbine barrel on your pistol and a stock it's now a Rifle. Not a SBR. Many barrels are stamped factory with SN however they do not have to match.

Offline z00mie

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »
X16191, I'm considering putting a pistol barrel on a carbine (after receiving my tax stamp) as I am able to get a substantial discount on a carbine unit. I just wanted to know if the pistol's barrel has a serial number. If they do, then I'll go with a pistol to SBR as no re-barrel is necessary and thus, no parts mismatch (from a collecting standpoint, I see this as important).

Offline KinKzoo

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »
X16191, I'm considering putting a pistol barrel on a carbine (after receiving my tax stamp) as I am able to get a substantial discount on a carbine unit. I just wanted to know if the pistol's barrel has a serial number. If they do, then I'll go with a pistol to SBR as no re-barrel is necessary and thus, no parts mismatch (from a collecting standpoint, I see this as important).

Its really hard to follow what you are saying... Doesn't matter if the barrel is serial numbered or not, it makes no difference in any case what so ever but do your thing... I will help break this down for you...

IF you want to SBR and pay your $200 stamp.... Start with a Carbine... It is MUCH cheaper in the long run.... I'll break down why...

If you guy the pistol and the stock kit, it is more expensive than buying a Carbine to start...
Also, If you guy a Carbine, it is already 922.r compliant and no other parts are needed....
If you already own the Pistol and want to SBR it, you are out the Stock kit, AND have to change several parts to make it 922.r compliant...

Start with a Carbine and you can cut the barrel to what ever you want or swap barrels to a K or whatever and nothing (other than your stamp) needs to be completed...

Offline z00mie

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:10:23 AM »
Incidentally, I've noticed the latest CZ Scorpion line (mine, a 2018 pistol) no longer have the European CIP proof marks. I suspect this is a sign the guns are being assembled (and some parts manufactured) in the USA.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
The link below begins to explain the lack of CIP in the roll stamp.

Good Luck with the EVO carbine, I really like mine.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=89071.0
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline z00mie

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 01:46:44 PM »
Awesome! Thank you!