Author Topic: Help with pick a 75 model  (Read 865 times)

Offline M.T.E.

Help with pick a 75 model
« on: January 06, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »
I am looking to purchase a CZ 75 for shooting steel,...primarily looking for accuracy with speed a distant second.

I would prefer an all steel gun and would like to spend less than $700.

I am a little confused on what the differences are between the models, such as 75B, 75BD, 75 SP-01 Phantom, 75 SP-01 Tactical, 75 SP-01.

Can someone break down the differences and make some recommendations?

Thanks! :)

Online larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: Help with pick a 75 model
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 07:36:23 PM »
75B is steel with safety but can be decocked by hand and carried with first shot double action or carried cocked and locked. 75BD is steel with decocker and no safety so unlike the B can't be carried cocked and locked. Neither have an accesory rail. Sp01 and SP01 phanthom safety are different as in steel SP01 and poly phantom and both have rail and are considerably heavier for competition. SP01 Tactical is same as SP01 but decocker
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:57:49 PM »
This will only be a range gun so I don't see a need for a decocker,...correct?

So the SP-01 non-Phantom or Tactical is the best choice for a range/competition only gun?

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 08:35:40 PM »

So the SP-01 non-Phantom or Tactical is the best choice for a range/competition only gun?

The tactical is a decocker SP-01. Based on your original price range I think you want a regular CZ 75 SP-01.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-9mm-black-3-dot-tritium-sights-18-rd-mags/

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:08 PM »

The tactical is a decocker SP-01. Based on your original price range I think you want a regular CZ 75 SP-01.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-9mm-black-3-dot-tritium-sights-18-rd-mags/

Yes,....I think that one fits the application the best for my budget.  I would really like a Shadow just not willing to spend the cash right now.  I really wished the SP-01 had adjustable sights or at least a more precision sight. 

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »

Yes,....I think that one fits the application the best for my budget.  I would really like a Shadow just not willing to spend the cash right now.  I really wished the SP-01 had adjustable sights or at least a more precision sight.
It is entirely your preference.   I will say I love my SP-01 tactical.  All great guns though, it just depends if you want a rail, threaded barrel, a decocker or safety...you will be quite happy the accuracy of any for the price.

Offline christak

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 09:44:02 PM »
I am looking to purchase a CZ 75 for shooting steel,...primarily looking for accuracy with speed a distant second.

I would prefer an all steel gun and would like to spend less than $700.

I am a little confused on what the differences are between the models, such as 75B, 75BD, 75 SP-01 Phantom, 75 SP-01 Tactical, 75 SP-01.

Can someone break down the differences and make some recommendations?

Thanks! :)

Based on your comments, I'd recommend the regular SP-01. Extremely accurate and a pleasure to shoot. I have a Phantom, two other full size 75B variants, and two P-01s. You'll love the all steel SP-01.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:04:24 PM »
You can always customize the sights to your preference.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 10:16:02 PM »
You can always customize the sights to your preference.

Yes,...I have been doing some research on sights and I am liking the Dawson Precision.

I like the idea of having a decocker but everything I have read says you sacrifice some trigger quality and having a light, crisp trigger is a must.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
The trigger is debatable. I?ve heard the same many times over about safety vs. decocker. Call CGW and ask them
    The decocker can be tuned just as good as a safety model IMO.

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 11:06:08 PM »
The trigger is debatable. I?ve heard the same many times over about safety vs. decocker. Call CGW and ask them
    The decocker can be tuned just as good as a safety model IMO.

What about "out of the box"?  I have heard several say the safety version trigger is better(slighty) than the de-cocker.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:32:46 PM »
Once again, IMO purely subjective. I personally haven?t felt a difference on stock pistols. YMMV

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:51:01 PM »
If you plan to compete, I would look for a used Shadow. Or, if you're mechanically inclined, you can buy a surplus pre-b transitional for $350. For close to your $700 budget, you can load it with Cajun parts, new grips and Dawson sights.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »
Competing as of now consist of my son and maybe a couple of buddies in the back yard,...so I hate to spend $1000+ on a Shadow. I think I will get the SP-01 and spend some money at CGW as I see fit.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
It would help a great deal if before you purchase , you have at least test fired that which you are interested in.  Unless you have already.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

anything