Author Topic: Help with pick a 75 model  (Read 864 times)

Offline Jmoser

Re: Help with pick a 75 model
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »
FWIW I have the SP-01 tactical and can shoot quite well at 50 ft with the tall fixed sights.  I bumped my rear sight over .007" for a 5/8" adjustment at 50 ft;  just loosened the set screw and gently bumped it with a brass drift.  Of course needed calipers to measure both sides against the rib on top of the slide but got it done.   

I expect someday I may upgrade to adjustable target sights [Dawsons etc.] but was pleasantly surprised with the OEM sights.

What level of accuracy [group size and distance] do you want for steel?

Offline PnoyGeek

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
If you will not need DA and will always start in SA with safety engaged then the 75B SA is an option for competition.  I know that is was recently discontinued but you might still be able to find it online like here for example.

http://www.507outfitters.com/product/cz-75-b-sa/

https://oakhillguns.com/cz-75b-sa-9mm.html

Offline M.T.E.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
FWIW I have the SP-01 tactical and can shoot quite well at 50 ft with the tall fixed sights.  I bumped my rear sight over .007" for a 5/8" adjustment at 50 ft;  just loosened the set screw and gently bumped it with a brass drift.  Of course needed calipers to measure both sides against the rib on top of the slide but got it done.   

I expect someday I may upgrade to adjustable target sights [Dawsons etc.] but was pleasantly surprised with the OEM sights.

What level of accuracy [group size and distance] do you want for steel?

Our range has 6? and 10?steel plates at 25 yards and 40 yards.

I now shoot a Sig P320 in 9mm and shoot it poorly, I am not sure why. I can pick up my sons XDS .40 and score much better. We have rimfire rounds where we shoot our target pistols, I shoot a Buck Mark, and I do quite well. The Sig 320 is very light and the big blocky sights seem to get in my way.

I am not sure the CZ 75 SP-01 is going to make me a better shot but I am also a collector and wouldn?t mind adding a CZ 75 to my collection.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »
I think the SP-01 is a great pistol for the price.  My LGS has it on sale for $579, that would leave you some money (from your stated $700 budget) to customize it a little.

All in all a great place to start a CZ collection (addition???).
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline scroadkill

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »
6" plates at 40 yards.. hmm.. Im thinking a 0.090" wide front sight and the best trigger you can manage.. race hammer helps.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »
You know, it's not metal framed, but a P09 9MM has remarkably little recoil impulse compared to some of the other 9MM pistols.   First time I shot mine was right after shooting my .357 SIG M&P FS pistol.  When I started firing the P09 I had to keep assuring myself it really was firing (by holes in the target and sound of the pistol firing) as the recoil was so light compared to the previous pistol.

The P09 is also an Omega model CZ.  That means when you take it out of the box it has decockers installed.  If you like them, keep them and use it that way.  But if you don't like a pistol that works that way you just grab the manual, pull the safeties out of the case, remove the decockers and spring and install the safeties instead.  Easy.

If I ever buy another steel framed CZ (and I have more of those than I do polymer framed CZs) it'll most likely be an Urban Gray CZ75 Omega.  I'll put the safeties in and enjoy it.

I know, people say the Omega's can't be tuned up as nice as a CZ75B type, but my P09 is more accurate than any of my steel framed CZ's, even the old Tactical Sport (but it is old).

Good luck with what ever CZ you buy.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Chuck James

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »
A buddy of mime just bought a sp01 with safety. His trigger feels no better or worse than my sp01 tactical with decocker. I think you could handle 5 new sp01's, with safty or decocker, and all would have a different trigger feel.

A couple weeks ago I spent several ours at a cz dealer shop wearing out a box of snap caps while handling about 12 different cz pistols. All the triggers had a very distinct and different feel. After shooting everything off all four walls of her shop I picked the one I wanted and paid for it. Now I could have save myself about $75.00 by ordering online but I would not have known what the trigger would feel like. The lady's two hours of time and me being able to pick the one I wanted was well worth the extra $75.00 at the end of the day.

This is also the same shop my buddy purchased his new sp01. We are going to try and support them as much as possible.

What I'm trying to say is , if at all possible, find a shop and go handle a few. I think you will get a better feel for how the triggers are. Just my opinion  :)

Offline cstellabott

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:30:18 AM »
Spend a few extra bucks and get a shadow 2 , awesome piece of equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »
A buddy of mime just bought a sp01 with safety. His trigger feels no better or worse than my sp01 tactical with decocker. I think you could handle 5 new sp01's, with safty or decocker, and all would have a different trigger feel.

A couple weeks ago I spent several ours at a cz dealer shop wearing out a box of snap caps while handling about 12 different cz pistols. All the triggers had a very distinct and different feel. After shooting everything off all four walls of her shop I picked the one I wanted and paid for it. Now I could have save myself about $75.00 by ordering online but I would not have known what the trigger would feel like. The lady's two hours of time and me being able to pick the one I wanted was well worth the extra $75.00 at the end of the day.

This is also the same shop my buddy purchased his new sp01. We are going to try and support them as much as possible.
What I'm trying to say is , if at all possible, find a shop and go handle a few. I think you will get a better feel for how the triggers are. Just my opinion  :)

This seems to be true to my experience as well.   Had my paws on three shadow 2's, one trigger I thought was on par with the base guns (quite poor), one was quite nice and one was in the middle.  CZ's QC seems to be marginal, but their service is good, guns are great.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »

Now I could have save myself about $75.00 by ordering online but I would not have known what the trigger would feel like. The lady's two hours of time and me being able to pick the one I wanted was well worth the extra $75.00 at the end of the day.

I agree, support your LGS, there is nothing like actually handling the gun you are going to buy!
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

anything