Author Topic: Ordered an SP-01 Tactical  (Read 401 times)

Offline GeneticallySwiss

Ordered an SP-01 Tactical
« on: January 07, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »
I just ordered, and paid for, an SP-01 Tactical in 9mm.  I’ll have in less than a week.  Just the standard, black polycoat with fixed tritium sights.  I’ll be ordering a metric butt ton of mags from CZ  too.  I need some for my CZ-97BD as well.  Pictures when I get it.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline cntrydawwwg

Re: Ordered an SP-01 Tactical
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:28:13 PM »
Congrats. It’s a nice pistol.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »
Good choice.  The SP01 Tac is my personal gateway drug.

Save yourself some money on mags and buy the MecGar mags.  Just as good and rumored to be the company that makes the mags for CZ.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 01:04:53 AM »
I just ordered, and paid for, an SP-01 Tactical in 9mm.  I’ll have in less than a week.  Just the standard, black polycoat with fixed tritium sights.  I’ll be ordering a metric butt ton of mags from CZ  too.  I need some for my CZ-97BD as well.  Pictures when I get it.

GS

Outstanding gun for sure! I have had mine for a couple years now, Love it! The only problem is I don't shoot it nearly enough, I have 4 other CZs! Yes keep us posted for sure when you get it. CZ has plenty of mags for sure but check these out, "maybe" a little better pricing! http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php I have bought true CZ mags and the Mec-gar and have had 0 issues with any of them.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »
great choice!

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »
Solid choice! The more time I spend with mine, the more I love it. So far, the only changes I've made are a lighter (#13) recoil spring and stainless guide rod, and LOK grips. I plan to put at least 1200 rounds or so through it before I make any tweaks to the trigger, hammer, etc. and see how things smooth out. I'm more than halfway there at this point, and it's already smoothed out some.

Offline Chuck James

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 08:49:27 PM »
Love my sp01 tactical!!! I went with 19rd mecgar mags and have no issues with them.

Keep us posted on how it shoots for you. Would enjoy hearing about it.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »
Great choice for sure. This was my first CZ and it led to many more! I have about 1200 rounds through it and it is still stock. Trigger has smoothed out and is very nice. The reach is just a little long for me in DA, so would like to do the CGW reach reduction one day.

As mentioned, try the Mec-Gar mags. I got the 19 rounders and I think they are better quality than the factory.

This was my first range session with the SP01 Tac. May not look excellent, but this was very good for me at the time and with a brand new to me handgun.

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »
Be very careful.  That is what I bought and another followed me home without even knowing it, I swear.  :D  Some voodoo craziness with these.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:29:32 PM »
Finally, some photos.  I put up links because when I don’t the photos are ridiculously large.  Also in the photo is my CZ-97BD.  They are identical in weight, the SP-01, when loaded with 18+1 of my Winchester 147 grain Ranger and the 97BD when loaded with 10+1 of my Hornady 230 grain.  Both weigh in identical at 1,412 grams.  I thought that was interesting.

https://imageshack.com/i/poSsjMYMj

https://imageshack.com/i/pmcogGXzj

GS
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:15:09 PM by GeneticallySwiss »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -