Author Topic: How many runs of the Cold War CZ 75s?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

How many runs of the Cold War CZ 75s?
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:40:12 PM »
Has there only been one run of the Cold War Commenorative 75B models? Wasn't there only 1000 made?

Offline Psyop96

Re: How many runs of the Cold War CZ 75s?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 12:44:33 AM »
I believe there have been three runs as primarily defined by their different external differences. The first 1000 run in 2010 featured the squared off trigger guard. The second run in 2016 came with the rounded trigger guard, red painted hammer and sickle, and using the ??? instead of ??? for the ?Cz? spelling. In early 2017, these pistols appeared using the standard serial number sequence for CZ firearms (Cxxxxxx). I have not read how many of this last seen run were made.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 07:07:33 AM »
Thanks.  I wish they would just offer a Retro line - period.  Round TG, PreB/SP01 serrations.  Not hard. 

Of course this goes back to my older thread. DO retro but with a beavertail like the Omega and be done.  Add checkering on the frame (real checkering not the SP01 stuff) and be brilliant.  C'mon man, we have CNC now. 

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:23 AM »
I believe there have been three runs as primarily defined by their different external differences. The first 1000 run in 2010 featured the squared off trigger guard. The second run in 2016 came with the rounded trigger guard, red painted hammer and sickle, and using the ??? instead of ??? for the ?Cz? spelling. In early 2017, these pistols appeared using the standard serial number sequence for CZ firearms (Cxxxxxx). I have not read how many of this last seen run were made.
Huh, I thought that the 2010 run was the only run that was made. Thanks for clarifying!

Offline Mccian

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 06:49:19 AM »
Psyop96, I purchased a 2nd run, seem to remember reading that 2000 were produced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline badwrench

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 08:32:42 AM »
Thanks.  I wish they would just offer a Retro line - period.  Round TG, PreB/SP01 serrations.  Not hard. 

Of course this goes back to my older thread. DO retro but with a beavertail like the Omega and be done.  Add checkering on the frame (real checkering not the SP01 stuff) and be brilliant.  C'mon man, we have CNC now.

This exactly..drop the dumb s#%&, like the commie hammer and sickle markings...I find it hard to believe that CZwould put those on anything they presently made, seems to me, that there would be alot of bad memorys associated with communist markings like that..

Offline Mercs

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »

This exactly..drop the dumb s#%&, like the commie hammer and sickle markings...I find it hard to believe that CZwould put those on anything they presently made, seems to me, that there would be alot of bad memorys associated with communist markings like that..
Ya I?ve had a problem with that gun basically glamorizing the horrors that came along with communism. Jan Palach must be rolling in his grave. I shouldn?t say any more about it except that I certainly wouldn?t buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »
Yesterday (16 Jan) marked the 50th anniversary of the self-immolation of Jan Palach in protest of the overall situation in then Czechoslovakia after the 1968 ?Warsaw Pact? invasion. There were subsequently others who did the same act. A new report by a historian indicates that Palach had a pistol and contemplated using it against the occupying force at one point.

While there?s still a very active communist political party in the Czech Republic, there?s overwhelming sentiment against the old regimes and system.

We can debate to ad nauseam why CZUB marketing came up with this edition?s styling cues. For better or worse, It has some attraction in the North American market to have had 2.5 runs. I think .5 of a run might be appropriate to describe the last non-CCCP serial numbered ones as they seemed to have quietly ended there.

Horribly misplaced use of symbols for a Cold War Commemorative edition but it is what it is and some people seek it out as a reminder or representation of the period.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 09:21:11 PM »
Perhaps CZ thought that they could appeal to Americans who had seen the CZ-75 in popular media like the original Red Dawn movie or the first Call of Duty:Black Ops? (Side note- it is strange that the 75 is even in a game set in the late sixties when the 75 was designed and produced in the seventies). At least that's my logic on why there's a Cold War Commemorative 75 model.

But like many of you, I think it's a dumb tribute. Heck, even in my high school Post World War II class, we did talk about the Polish Uprisings in the mid fifties along with Prague Spring and the invasion of Czechoslovakia. Why would you want to 'commemorate' a symbol that oppressed so many people?

Offline eastman

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 10:34:12 PM »
the hammer & sickle should be surrounded by a red circle with a diagonal line through it
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline retteryer

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 12:32:09 AM »
Every run of this guns goes out of stock quite fast,so obviously not everybody share your opinion.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 07:06:35 AM »
Just do a FULL retro.  They obviously HAVE the machining for a non B slide with PreB serrations, frames without Beretta junk, and cool PreB grips.  Put on a special serial number and maybe a retro logo and be done.  The hammer and sickle thing is not REALLY a Czech thing, and was never on the gun.  Its interesting but rather fake. 

"Limited Edition" always sells. 

Offline retteryer

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 06:25:39 PM »
It?s clearly called Cold War Memo Commemorative.Hammer and sickle is a symbol of a Cold War,nothing more,nothing less,pure marketing.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 07:40:11 PM »
It?s clearly called Cold War Memo Commemorative.Hammer and sickle is a symbol of a Cold War,nothing more,nothing less,pure marketing.

Depends on who you're marketing to..I'd be willing to bet that if these were offered for sale in the Czech Republic, or  say, in Poland, they would'nt sell too well..Symbols have meaning, and there's nothing good about the hammer and sickel. Alot of people died in  gulag's because of it.IMO, the hammer and sickle represents the same thing as a Swastika..While it may have been a marketing idea, it was a poor one..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 08:36:02 PM by badwrench »

Offline retteryer

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
So,some American people are fans of swastika?Why it sells well,according to your logic they would sell none?Why tokarevs and makarovs flying of the shelfs,russian AK?s,all this creations of evil empire?There is communism in China,will you stop buying electronics made there,clothes and other stuff?