Author Topic: Spare CZ-75 parts to stock up on?  (Read 655 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

Spare CZ-75 parts to stock up on?
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:31:45 PM »
So far all I can think of are spare recoil springs. I have heard that slide stops on the 75 tend to break if used excessively as a slide release. Any other high stress parts that I will need to replace on a regular 75B? Thanks everyone!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Spare CZ-75 parts to stock up on?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »
Most people recommend replacing the trigger pin (with CGW floating trigger pin), the trigger return spring (with CGW reduced power trigger return spring), firing pin retaining pin (with CGW firing pin retaining pin) and the firing pin block spring (with the reduced power spring also from CGW).

I've heard some people have a slide release shaft break around 10,000 rounds and others have gone 3 or 4 times that many rounds without it breaking.

I've bought mostly pins and springs as spares.  Due to some other parts replacements (replaced factory triggers/hammers/sears with CGW and CZ USA parts) I have spares of new parts (some never shot before they were replaced).

One tip - when you order parts, order enough to make the shipping worth it.  I wasn't ordering parts to replace broken parts, but for upgrades.  So when I ordered a hammer/sear I'd go ahead and order small parts - combination of those that might break and those that might get lost when working on a pistol).  Up to a point, the shipping can be the same, whether you are ordering 2 parts or 30.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Mercs

Re: Spare CZ-75 parts to stock up on?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:32:42 PM »
If it?s a 75b you can all but guarantee the firing pin retaining pin will get damaged quickly. Might as well get a CGW replacement for that. Should maybe have a trigger bar spring and a trigger return spring handy also.  No need buy a spare slide stop unless you are hard core competitor imo, since CZ-USA will probably take care of you if that breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk