Author Topic: Disappointing Day at Range  (Read 3074 times)

Offline dsierra

• Those who can make you believe absurdities can mak
Re: Disappointing Day at Range
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:04 PM »
My guess is that your dovetail is fine and the rear sight base is undersize no big deal most of the time they are over size and must be driven in place.

I hope you're guess is right.  That would be a simple solution.  I appreciate your input, but it is a kinda a big deal when the rear sight falls off the gun while shooting. It moved almost completely out of the dovetail.   As stated previously,  I tightened the set screw and the sight moved again after 4 rounds.  QC missed this one.
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:12 PM »
Most likely the rear sight is out of spec, especially if it’s a Meprolite night sight, which are made of soft, crappy metal. If it’s the slide dovetail out of spec, they can probably weld some more material in there to tighten things up.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »
Most likely the rear sight is out of spec, especially if it’s a Meprolite night sight, which are made of soft, crappy metal. If it’s the slide dovetail out of spec, they can probably weld some more material in there to tighten things up.

They will replace the slide if the slide is out of spec. More time would be involved in welding/machining and refinishing than just replacing the entire unit. If the slide is out of spec CZ-USA will likely have him send in the frame as well and they will just replace the entire pistol so all # numbers match.

Offline mecenas

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 12:01:07 PM »
I am sorry, my bad. Obviously I said something without even looking. There is a serial number on the slide and that would cause a problem if the slide needed to be replaced. I do not know if the CZ factory has slides without serial number as it is not required by the US law. The only valid, true serial number must be on the frame - the other locations can, but do not have to, have a "duplicate" number. This year I am planning on visiting CZ factory in Uherski Brod - I will ask that question.

Under the circumstances, fixing the slide would be a valid solution to the problem. I am sure CZ will be up to task.

Good luck

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 03:17:13 PM »
 Don't worry CZ will handle it and you will have your new pistol back in a few days most likely with a new rear sight.  A lot of people don't like CZ's choice of night sights your problem is common  I like mine now that they stay put and don't move around.  My night sights went dead when my pistol was just a few days old so I sent the slide back to CZ and I had it back in 6 days. That is when my rear sight started moving around I didn't want to be without it for another week so I fixed it my self. I also added the CGW extended firing pin and a few lighter springs it now has many thousands of rounds fired and runs like a top I love it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:22:06 PM by lewmed, Reason: made change »

Offline dsierra

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »
Well, CZ has my slide.  Got this email today:

Return Authorization has been received by CZ-USA.

Item: 91754 - CZ 2075 RAMI BD, 9MM, BLACK AL

Serial Number: C66

Typical turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. Please allow us this time to concentrate on your firearm. You will continue to receive a weekly status update email until your case is complete.

Surely, CZ will rectify the situation quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

Offline dsierra

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 10:46:53 AM »
OK...got email from CZ-USA.  Slide to be shipped.  They replaced the rear sight. 

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Offline dsierra

Disappointing Day at Range
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
OK...got my slide back today via FedEx.  Took 8 days from Day I sent it in.  Gonna shoot it on Wednesday and hopefully I can hit something with it this time.

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Offline dsierra

Disappointing Day at Range
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
Well, took the RAMI to the range today and the rear sight didn’t fall off.  I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate the little guy is.  Didn’t like the 10 round magazine at all.  The 14 was ok but the 15 round 75 Compact magazines were my preference.  All in all, I’m satisfied with the RAMI and look forward to shooting it again.

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Offline mecenas

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 01:43:39 PM »
Thank you for keeping us updated. I was wondering what is particularly nicer, or more comfortable,  or perhaps more reliable in 15 rd  CZ Compact vis a vis 14 rd Rami mag ?

Did you install any kind of a magazine sleeve to cover the extension of CZ Compact ?

Offline Chiche60

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »
Try full power defense loads if you’re not already. The RAMI shoots mouse fart loads low and left.

Offline dsierra

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 05:30:48 PM »
No, I just used the regular 15 round magazines. 

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

anything