Author Topic: Gen2 vs G3 window mags  (Read 811 times)

Offline Bgdawgrr

Gen2 vs G3 window mags
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:52:07 AM »
Looking for opions before I buy a pack.
For those who have them, do you feel the new black window mags are superior to the Gen2 clear mags?
The reason is the price point. $19 for the clear vs $29 for the window. Or as a mag collector, I like to say 3 for 2.
Also interested in PSA mags whenever they become available. Like to limit this to the two CZ Factory options.
Thanks

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

Re: Gen2 vs G3 window mags
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 03:48:16 AM »
These are not a generational difference, they are different models of mag. The more expensive mags appear to be built for severe duty scenarios, such as counter terrorist teams, repeatedly dropping the gun with the mag hitting the floor, larger temperature extremes, etc

I only have gen1 and 2 mags, the gen2 is durable enough for my needs, and the gen1 have not failed yet (but they do show cracks). My thinking is if I will keep a mag loaded for long periods of time, I should probably get the black mags, If I will load these before I go to the range, cheaper mags mean more bullets per dollar

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 07:04:42 AM »
The black windowed magazine seemed to be more durable, time will tell but I don't normally drop full mag on concrete or rock during practice anyway. The updated clear magazines have not shown any cracks like their older brother when the Scorpion first came out.  For the money, I'd spend on the black windowed ones.

The other option which is harder to come by is the new Palmetto State Armory 35 rds AK-V magazine that was designed to fit both their AK-V and Scorpion.

Offline X16191

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:13:54 PM »
Does anyone have a pair of mic's and will mic the inside of the windowed mags? Trying to see if there is a difference I cn load to looking for aboult 1.25 ish fo CAL