Author Topic: Help fitting rear sight  (Read 1159 times)

Offline anonymouscuban

Help fitting rear sight
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:52:16 PM »
Hey all.

So I bought the CZC HTAC rear sight for my P-01. Below is a pic of the sight about 1/4 of way onto dovetail on slide. As you can see, I have a hair of clearance between the underside of the sight and top of slide.

I need to remove a little more material for fitment. My concern is if I remove it from the bottom, I will lose the clearance.

Am I right?

Should I instead remove material instead from the rear of the dovetail on the sight?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: Help fitting rear sight
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:40:56 PM »
UPDATE...

I ended up removing material from the rear part of the dovetail on the sight. Didn't require too much. Was able to push the sight on no problem. Now just need to test at the range and center as required.

Just for reference this is the CZ Custom HTAC Rear Sight, part number 10313. Paired it up with their 6.5mm x 1.5mm fiber optic front, part number 10087.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:58:50 PM »
Looks great!

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:31 PM »
Looks great!
Thanks. Really digging the rear sight. I went with the 1.5mm diode on the front sight. I've always used the 1mm. Hoping the 1.5mm helps me pick up the front sight easier but still not too fat to hit precision shots at distance.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »
I had an HTAC on my P10, my favorite rear sight so far.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »
I had an HTAC on my P10, my favorite rear sight so far.
Good to know you like it. I've been debating on which sights to get. I have the Truglo TFX on my PCR. I really like them for defensive sights. Well made and they don't stick up too much. But the front sight is just a bit too wide for longer precise shots. For example, I can't see a 10" plate at 15-20 yards.

I also have the CGW set on my SP-01. I like them but I want to try this rear. I like the angled rear edges.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
Took my P-01 with the new sights out to the range today. Indoor range as its been raining. Just about 75 rounds shot. Really just went to dial in the sights and test them out. So far I like them but need to do some longer range shooting to see if the front sight is not too wide.

This is 4 rounds at 10 yards. Standing, hand held, no brace or rest. 115g Blazer Brass FMJ ammo.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 11:11:51 AM »
Very nice!
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline copemech

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:32 PM »
cant beat that, call it good! O0

anything