Author Topic: CZP10c Magazine gets stuck during tactical reload  (Read 1623 times)

Offline SJF7188

CZP10c Magazine gets stuck during tactical reload
« on: January 11, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
Had this issue for my first and second competition shooting the p10c. Probably had about 100 rounds through it before my first competition. During a tactical reload on the move (round in chamber), the magazine gets stuck and Im having to manually force the mag out before I can load a full mag in. After taking a look, it seems that when I load one in the chamber, the friction is causing the following bullet to move forward a significant amount and if I were to drop the mag, the tip of the bullet catches to either the mag catch or somewhere on the frame causing it to get stuck. I can pretty much replicate the issue with just a mag and pulling a bullet out with my fingers. The following bullet moves a good amount. A little background info: The gun isn't even a month old and it probably has only like 600 rounds shot through it. All mags are factory CZ mags 2 stock and 3 have shield arms mags extensions. Right now im trying to break in the mag springs because im thinking the tension may be too stiff. If anyone has any other ideas on fixes, please let me know. I can post pictures showing how much the following bullet moves after the first bullet is taken.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:01:19 PM by SJF7188 »

Offline dwhitehorne

Re: CZP10c Magazine gets stuck during tactical reload
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:38 PM »
So are you calling the "tactical reload"  when you eject a partial mag onto the ground and insert a fresh mag?  I have seen the top round move forward on many handguns and my P10C also.  Do all of your mags do it?  It seems to me the more tension from the mag spring the less likely the top round is to move forward.  When I was first issued a P320 the mag springs were kind of weak and I would see the top round walk forward.  With the newest P320 mags the spring is much longer and has more tension.  I don't see rounds walking forward very often now.  I will say the CZ mag springs in the Mecgar factory mags are just like the original P320 Mecgar springs that got weak after one year. 

At work our tactical reload is really a magazine exchange where you pull the partial mag out and retain it while putting in a fresh mag.  The idea is to never leave behind good ammo.  We always want you to move from cover with a fresh mag but in the stress of the shooting no one knows how many rounds were actually fired so we don't dump partially loaded mags anymore.  I guess that is not an option under time during a competition.  David

Offline SJF7188

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:26:16 PM »
I have 5 mags and all 5 do it. On some occasions, ill reload (with one in chamber) and the second bullet (now top of magazine) has been moved so far forward from the magazine feeding lip that it pops out after hitting the mag catch or frame. All mags are only less a month old too. The only thing I can think of is that the springs haven't broken in.

Offline Winkel

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »
I don't know if this would help or not but I always break the corner of the bottom part of the breech face that catches the round and pushes it forward.  I just use a small stone or a Kratex bit in a Dremel to put a slight radius on it.  It may be dragging the next load forward if it's sharp.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 04:16:49 AM »
How interesting - I actually have not practiced tactical reloads, (we train the same way dwhitehorne says), with my P-10Cs, so I will see if this happens to me as well. Personally, if I can still strip out the mag I'll sigh at the loss of a round, but still hammer the full one home. But, I would far prefer to not have that happen.

Offline SJF7188

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
I polished the pickup rail (with a dremel & mothers polish) where the slide makes contact with the bullet and it seems to have fixed the problem. Ill have to take it out to the range to confirm

Offline Winkel

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »
Excellent.  Let us know how it works.  Don't be afraid to break that corner a little too, if it's sharp to the point of dragging the casing of the next round. 

Offline RSR

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »
How are you releasing the slide during your "tactical reloads"?

Offline SJF7188

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 11:33:12 AM »
One is in the chamber so im not needing to release the slide during the reload. At times, i do manually rack the slide though.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
Polish the area in yellow.

Offline SJF7188

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 04:29:57 PM »
^^^ yep that?s what I did and it seems to be doing just fine now. I won?t know for sure til my next comp but I?m positive it worked *crosses fingers*

anything