Author Topic: I'm testing a new, true 2 stage trigger for the 455  (Read 7131 times)

Offline A-Rob

I'm testing a new, true 2 stage trigger for the 455
« on: January 12, 2019, 07:03:13 AM »
I'm currently testing out a 2-stage 455 trigger made by rimfirecentral.com member BScar. Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1146717

Offline Blackwatch

Re: I'm testing a new, true 2 stage trigger for the 455
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
Look forward to reading your assessment - thanks!

Offline A-Rob

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 07:07:24 AM »
The review from the second beta tester is up: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147995

Offline oxbow

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:07:10 AM »
sweet

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »
I managed to get a BScar 2 stage trigger and installed it my 455 Varmint Thumbhole Fluted (no inletting required). Whilst I was happy with the factory trigger I am delighted with the 2 stage...very discernible wall and clean break.

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 08:07:23 PM »
I managed to get a BScar 2 stage trigger and installed it my 455 Varmint Thumbhole Fluted (no inletting required). Whilst I was happy with the factory trigger I am delighted with the 2 stage...very discernible wall and clean break.

are these available for sale or only to those who know the secret handshake?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 09:14:08 PM »

They are available for sale now - I'll pm you details eastman

Offline eastman

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 11:43:55 PM »

They are available for sale now - I'll pm you details eastman

Thanks!

He doesn't do backorders, but does have a sign up for a waiting list. It will be a sweet upgrade. The Geissele 2-stage on an AR is one of my favorite rifle triggers. This should be at least as good and probably better with the adjustability.

Offline Rnaylor2

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 05:17:55 PM »
I also would like info on the BScar 2 stage trigger. thanks.

Offline Rene

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 07:43:24 PM »
I sure like to get in on that trigger , any info would be nice. thanks

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 03:23:20 AM »
I also would like info on the BScar 2 stage trigger. thanks.

PM sent

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 03:23:48 AM »
I sure like to get in on that trigger , any info would be nice. thanks

PM sent

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 10:25:34 PM »
The time has come

Contacted about 2 weeks ago that I was next in line. My trigger is configured with a first stage of 8oz and a second stage of 8oz. I installed it in 455 Varmint on Friday afternoon.

Went to the range to give it a first go. Today's initial testing was at 25 yards (in between Frankenstein experiments on a pair of HBARs). As long as I didn't screw things up, it was putting Aguila SuperExtra Standard Velocity into a .25" hole. I do need to re-mount the scope (about 3/8" too far back, so I didn't have correct eye relief when the rifle was shouldered normally) since that lead to most of the screw ups. I'll get the eye relief corrected this week and hopefully get to do the wide range ammo testing (8-10 different types of Match/Target ammo) at 50 and 100 yards.

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 09:25:13 PM »
The time has come

Contacted about 2 weeks ago that I was next in line. My trigger is configured with a first stage of 8oz and a second stage of 8oz. I installed it in 455 Varmint on Friday afternoon.

Went to the range to give it a first go. Today's initial testing was at 25 yards (in between Frankenstein experiments on a pair of HBARs). As long as I didn't screw things up, it was putting Aguila SuperExtra Standard Velocity into a .25" hole. I do need to re-mount the scope (about 3/8" too far back, so I didn't have correct eye relief when the rifle was shouldered normally) since that lead to most of the screw ups. I'll get the eye relief corrected this week and hopefully get to do the wide range ammo testing (8-10 different types of Match/Target ammo) at 50 and 100 yards.

I zero my .22's at 50yds - will be interested in your test results..especially at 100yds given trajectory drop off. Sounds like it will be a fun day!!

Offline eastman

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2019, 11:21:10 PM »
Once I get the eye relief corrected for the scope, I'll move out to the intended range. Much of the last range session was spent dealing with an unreliable and inaccurate HBAR. Dropping a Colt HBAR upper into the same lower and getting great results is convincing me that the other HBAR upper is likely either not correctly assembled or just low quality junk.

I have some splatter targets which are approximately 1" tall versions based off of the standard metallic silhouette targets (circle, chicken, pig, turkey, ram). Looking forward to hunting them at 50 yards if the weekend weather cooperates.

My opinions of the BScar trigger is that it is a great product and I am very glad I installed it on this rifle. I haven't tried to make any adjustments, and don't have any current plans to tweak anything in the trigger group.

anything