Author Topic: Brno Effect  (Read 328 times)

Offline Hook

Brno Effect
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
I acquired a used Brno Effect with a full stock. It is a beautiful little rifle and shoots very well with most ammo I've tried. The problem is that I get a FTF about once every 12-15 tries. There is no indention on the primer at all. It seems as though the block that cocks the hammer as the action is opened does not fully return to it's rest position as the action closes, then the hammer hits it when the trigger is pulled. I am not sure of that, but just an educated guess.

A call to CZ/Brno was a waste of time. The Effect was only manufactured a short period of time around 2008 and then discontinued. The CZ customer rep totally washed his, and CZ's, hands of the rifle. He said CZ no longer provides a repair service for it and has no parts available for it. He even told me to google the internet to find parts.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, found the problem and/or a solution? Any ideas as to what I can do? I really want to hunt with the little jewel but refue to take it out knowing I may get a click instead of a bang!

Offline mauserand9mm

Re: Brno Effect
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 04:34:53 AM »
What does the primer indentation look like for a round that has fired?

I'm thinking that if it is shallow then maybe the bolt shroud is not screwed in fully - out by a turn. (Bolt may have been pulled apart and then not put back together fully)

anything