Author Topic: Can't get P09 indent back in from grip strap.  (Read 5734 times)

Offline AVinLo

Re: Can't get P09 indent back in from grip strap.
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2019, 07:24:41 PM »
I have an aero Precision AR-15 pistol with this bolt carrier group. If you don't like cleaning the BCG this is the one to have, stays very clean. YouTube will tell you all about it.
If you check around you can probably find it even cheaper. It's a great product.

https://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Aero-Precision-556-Nickel-Boron-Bolt-Carrier-Group-APRH100070C.htm?categoryId=-1
OH WOW, DOC 1500....I definitely love the look of it and then to not have to clean as much is the bonus that warrants the price tag....imho.

Let me ask this though. Will the high heat cause any discoloration on that beautiful shiny BCG? From cleaning the slide on my Taurus PT111 it was definitely easier to see where to clean because the carbon doesn't blend in with the black. Not a biggie though, I'm definitely adding 1 - Aero Precision BCG to my list of gun parts for 2019. Thanks, bud....appreciate you showing me this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline AVinLo

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »
Alvin, I got two from DSA for $60 each a couple weeks ago.  Yeah, complete, the whole thing.  And then (of course) Palmetto State Armory put theirs on sale for $50 each a couple days ago.  That's the lowest price I've ever seen on a bolt carrier group.  I've got several PSA bolts, never had an issue with any of them.
I'll probably also grab one of these also as well as a bolt. Also need to get some of those small 'O-rings' that go in bolt extractor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2019, 07:38:57 PM »
Building up a spare parts inventory isn't a bad idea.

Lately I've been buying pins, springs, firing pins, gas rings, etc., etc.  Every so often I give one of the kids a back of spare parts and tell them to put the parts where they can find them in case they ever break anything.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 04:38:26 AM »
I have the same challenge with getting the mainspring back into my P-07.  I personally would not want a lanyard loop poking out there, since my magazine loading method includes giving the base of the grip a smack with the palm of my hand.  I also wouldn't want to use something made of metal to hold that plug in while reinserting the pin, since that would probably scratch or otherwise damage the plastic plug and/or the base of the grip over time.  So I use a small wooden peg that is maybe 3/8 inch to push it in.  In my case I took the round end of a wooden chopstick and cut a piece off of it with my dremel, then I sanded both sides of it flat.  So I can put that on my rubber cleaning mat, push the grip down onto it, insert the pin... done.  Before that, I used to use a piece of eraser cut off of a #2 pencil, but I was crushing those flat on a regular basis.