Author Topic: Shadow 2 Kadet threaded barrel - Additional info  (Read 520 times)

Offline Old-Duckman

Shadow 2 Kadet threaded barrel - Additional info
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:47:51 PM »
See my previous post...basically got a Kadet kit from Grab-a-Gun for my Shadow 2 and it came with 2 barrels, one is threaded.

Slide and both barrels have the same serial number but the threaded barrel has "/1" after the serial number.

the kit has the "18" stamp signifying year of manufacture and all three (slide and both barrels) have a "P" with a circle around it...I have not seen that stamp on any other CZs that I own...at least not that I remember.

The bag with the threaded barrel (the bag appears to have never been opened) has this on it "1010-1332-02M" then the serial number, next line "CZ Shadow 2 KADET USA sup. ready BARREL"

Do any other Shadow 2 Kadet kit owners reading this have the threaded barrel too? If so, do you mind telling me what you paid for it ?

I do not see anywhere on the Net where a 2nd barrel comes with the Shadow 2 Kadet kit. I also got no hits when I searched for the numbers I noted above...???

Addition: at the top of the sealed bag holding the threaded barrel: "CESKA ZBROJOVKA A.S."  Also not noted before, there is a warranty card in the sealed bag that is in English and it says CZ USA
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:15:58 PM by Old-Duckman »

Offline Phlyers13

Re: Shadow 2 Kadet threaded barrel - Additional info
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 07:28:57 AM »
Do you have the link?  I see the shadow 2 kadet kit listed on grab a gun but it doesn’t mention the extra threaded barrel. I’d be interested in picking one up myself.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 07:56:17 AM »
Do you have the link?  I see the shadow 2 kadet kit listed on grab a gun but it doesn’t mention the extra threaded barrel. I’d be interested in picking one up myself.
I know, that’s the odd thing. I believe I may have a unicorn here. I have not found a CZ factory threaded barrel in .22 LR in any searches I have done on the Net. Perhaps this was not supposed to be out for public consumption yet or...I don’t know?

When I got the kit I was bummed that the paper seal on the plastic box it came in was cut. In other words it had been opened prior to shipping it to me.

It currently is a bit of a mystery. That is why I posted on both forums, hoping someone can shed some light.

I’m happy as I paid $373 for the kit and got a threaded barrel thrown into the deal for free! The least expensive CZ threaded barrel on CZ USA’s site (in 9mm...no .22s listed) is $175. So I’m not complaining. I’ll fix the firing pin return spring issue...this kit is NOT going back to CZ for repair, I’m afraid I’d get a standard kit back without the second barrel.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:08:44 AM by Old-Duckman »

Offline CZ173

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:08:25 AM »
Where did you purchase?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Offline snacks

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
i'm wanting a threaded barrel for my kit as well.  Just purchased one waiting for it to arrive but i know it doesn't have a threaded barrel.

Could find any leads on the interweb for a vendor.  Just someone who would do the conversion on your stock barrel and slide.