Author Topic: Psa ak-v 35 rounders in stock  (Read 2535 times)

Offline deaddixon

Re: Psa ak-v 35 rounders in stock
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:19 AM »
I got one Ive only got a couple hundred rounds through mine but fails to lock back on last round about 50 % of the time and doesn't drop free but none of my mags do t has it had no other issues but I would wait for the PMag or get the Manacore arms mag and I love PSA so it kills me to say that I hope it is just my mag

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49:26 AM »
mine but fails to lock back on last round about 50 % of the time

Lock back function is usually a fine tuned combination of bolt travel rearward and pressure upward on the slide lock.
The combined spring rate of the slide lock spring and the mag spring determines the speed the slide lock moves, so if you have a slight short stroke combined with a lower spring rate on the lock, it can miss.

The PSA mags have lower mag spring force than the CZ mags, it is easy to compare them. The solution would be to lower the spring force of the slide lock spring, or increase the dwell time of the bolt behind the lock somehow. If it is not locking all the time with 115gr standard ammo, nato spec rounds should function just fine. If you are having problems with nato or +p, try a different lock spring, trimmed by a bit to reduce the force. I do notice that the part of the follower that sticks up is actually a little higher than my CZ 2nd gen mags, which should compensate for any spring rate issues due to the lower mag spring force.

All this of course assumes the mag actually pushes up the release correctly, if as Bassdeer says it was not even actuating, then thats a different issue, tolerance stacking with the mag dimensions and the variety of lower sloppiness can easily make that an issue for many people, even with 100% test performance by PSA.

Slide lock issues on one of my pistols was caused by oil getting between the lock and the slide, regardless of ammo it did not lock if it got oiled (spray back from overlube on recoil spring).

Offline BillyBobGA

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2019, 11:44:13 PM »
Received 2 PSA mags last week and ran them the other night......4 or 5 cycles each. A little stiff to release but bolt locked open each time. 115 grain standard FMJ.

Much easier to load ammo than the CZ and Manticore mags. Only thing I wish it had was a way to see ammo level.

All in all....pretty happy

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »
The PSA mags are too wide for my scorpion magwell, and the bolt catch does not move freely. I have an extra lower, from the welded screw replacement program, and both are the same.
The mags are held in place and aligned using the front and back of the magazine, and all the ones that drop free show daylight on the right and left sides, but the PSA has too much material on the left, causing the bolt catch to stick.
I have 3 of the PSA mags, and have used a file to remove material from the left side to get the bolt catch to move freely. I have had to file them down until the 9x19, and the date code are removed to get the bolt catch to work correctly. they don't drop free yet, but are pretty close.

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »
The PSA mags are too wide for my scorpion magwell, and the bolt catch does not move freely. I have an extra lower, from the welded screw replacement program, and both are the same.
The mags are held in place and aligned using the front and back of the magazine, and all the ones that drop free show daylight on the right and left sides, but the PSA has too much material on the left, causing the bolt catch to stick.
I have 3 of the PSA mags, and have used a file to remove material from the left side to get the bolt catch to move freely. I have had to file them down until the 9x19, and the date code are removed to get the bolt catch to work correctly. they don't drop free yet, but are pretty close.

Just got some PSA mags too and they fit tight as a drum.  In fact way too tight.  I see lots of mag top sanding in my future.

Ok I spent about 10 minutes per PSA mag hand-sanding and now they all DROP FREE.  I can tell you this the front top face of the PSA needs the most sanding that top ridge/guide has a HUMP in it that must be sanded flat.  I also sanded the sides a little for good measure like lorazepam said.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 05:57:06 PM by motorolanut »
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Silent service

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »

Just got some PSA mags too and they fit tight as a drum.  In fact way too tight.  I see lots of mag top sanding in my future.

Ok I spent about 10 minutes per PSA mag hand-sanding and now they all DROP FREE.  I can tell you this the front top face of the PSA needs the most sanding that top ridge/guide has a HUMP in it that must be sanded flat.  I also sanded the sides a little for good measure like lorazepam said.

Detailed/labeled picture please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk