Author Topic: Ambi slide release on 85B?  (Read 4853 times)

Offline arg211

Ambi slide release on 85B?
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:13:54 PM »
Has anyone successfully and easily swapped the 85 Combat ambi slide stop on an 85B? I have a ?96 85B that doesn?t have the ambi slide stop, whereas the last model of the 85B discontinued in 2016 did have the ambi slide stop. Just trying to figure out for sure before ordering from CZC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline painter

Re: Ambi slide release on 85B?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:54:54 PM »
I've never seen any 85 model that didn't have an ambi slide stop.

Pics would be interesting.

If your gun has no SS lever on the right side of the frame, it won't be a DIY job, unless you're a machinist, or gunsmith.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline arg211

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 10:45:23 AM »

Offline arg211

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
If the numbers didn?t match I?d say it was an 85B slide on a 75B frame, but they do match. It?s an overseas LE trade in so who knows what the deal is

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 12:24:20 PM »
I've seen several for sale on the internet that didn't have the right side slide release.  Must have been ordered that way for some reason.  Ambidextrous safeties on those vs. the CZ75.

Here's a CZ75 Compact I added both a right side safety and right side slide release to.  And a spur hammer, so it looks more like Pre B CZ85.

I bought a CZ75B in .40 S&W a few months back.  They come with the ambidextrous safeties.  All I had to add to it was the right side slide release (actually I had to buy the left side, too as the CZ85 left side slide release is made slightly different on the right end of the shaft) and the spur hammer.

The CZ75 Compact mod. was definately the more intense of the two.  The CZ75B .40 mod was pretty quick/easy in comparison.

Thread here, I'm not sure where, on the CZ75 Compact project.  I struggle with the search function and sometimes just don't find what I'm looking for.  I will take a look to see if I can find a link to it.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline arg211

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 01:52:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I did see one other like that on a Bud?s sale. It was an overseas LE trade in, too, so for whatever reason they must?ve been ordering them like that. They are definitely the minority, it seems, with the 85B. I will probably end up just adding the extended left side slide release instead of messing with any hardcore modifications. My original thought was that maybe they had just stuck a non-ambi in the frame, instead, but it?s not seeming like that?s the case!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »
Yeah, you've got to drill and finish/smooth out the hole on the right side to make room for the right side lever.  There's a trick or three to it.  I would think one of the custom shops ought to be able to do that, too.  Either CZC or CGW.  They should have the right machines/tools and knowledge to do it right - and the parts, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline arg211

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »
Yeah that?s outside of my skill set unfortunately!

Btw I like the look of the spur hammer on yours! I think I?ll be going with the 1911 loop style from CGW but if the spur was an option in the package I?d think twice about it now!

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »
CZ USA used to sell them.  Last time I looked they were out of stock.  Don't know if they'll get more in or not.  They are great hammers.  Very nice trigger pull when you use one.  Both mine came out at about 3 lbs. SA.  Very crisp.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 12:19:26 AM »
I bought an 85 without a right side slide stop on gunbroker.

The earlier ones used to break apart and leave a piece inside the gun. So you may see a lot of 85's without right side levers.

When I received my gun I found this and removed the broken piece and purchased a replacement ss lever.

The newer levers are thicker and do not fit the older frames.

So the hole in the frame needs to be enlarged to fit.

I did it at home and had no issues... But I also take risks.

I think I may have created a thread about it.