Author Topic: Here in Arizona, the Red Flag bill is HB2161  (Read 10041 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Here in Arizona, the Red Flag bill is HB2161
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:50:54 AM »
This gem has an allowance for a "former dating partner" with no timeline restriction - had a bad date? Got dumped? Bad breakup in high school? Revenge time, courtesy of the state! Howabout this one, buying a firearm, ammo or other "deadly weapon" is one criteria for a Red Dawn...sorry, "Flag" on you.
Complete and utter violations of the US Constitution, Amendments 2,4,5 and 8, plus Arizona State Constitution Title 2, Section 26, "Bearing Arms".
If you are an Arizona member here, please get on the horn now to your elected officials. Because this is coming from a sitting Republican Governor, it will take extra effort from the voters to make sure this does NOT go through, as Republican members of the Legislature will be reluctant to oppose their own governor. If you aren't a member of AZCDL, now would be a good time to join.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Here in Arizona, the Red Flag bill is HB2161
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 04:57:12 AM »
I'm not in AZ bit this is the type of back door confiscation/restriction scheme the antis will be looking at going forward. They can't get all out bans or confiscation so they will disguise it this way and lets face it we've all had arguments with spouses and exes before.
Don't forget that fight in high school where you popped that bully in the mouth, shows you have violent tendencies.
Liberals will twist ANYTHING they can to get their agenda in place.

Offline double-d

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 07:13:56 AM »
Scratch Arizona off my list.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »
Better to come here and help fight it.

Offline czdrifter

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »
It is not only AZ that these Red Flag bills are being proposed. WI and MN have advocates pushing for this type legislation also. I am sure many other states are in a similar situation. I believe over a dozen states now have "Red Flag" laws. We are going to see an increased push across the country for gun control. The dirty little secret is that gun control does not save lives. I would like to see us start with enforcing the laws that are currently on the books (not only gun laws) before we look to pass additional laws that don't properly address the real problems. Support your local and state politicians that are on the right side of the issues. God Bless the USA.   

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
     Hiya and thanks for the thread. And having lived in az since 1973 and being a gun owner,and enthusiast of cz's its a no brainer write to the legislators, with the hope of my rights being upheld. Saying that in my brief 59y on the planet I've observed,lived,survived though,an steady erosion of the rights our forefathers wanted for me, the fabric of society,and the direction does not appear to be headed to restoring them any time soon. Imagine the time,effort,money,resources involved past, present, and future these red flag laws have cost in out taxpayers money. Its important for many someones to establish a legal basis,that yes your property can be taken based on a rumor and yes we can do it without any due process. Why? Cause it the law now read it and weep. Be well.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
Are you SURE the gov is a republican??????????????????????
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline adrian

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
     Hiya larryflew,and yes our governor is just as Republican as our leader. The art of paying yourself millions and leave investors holding the bag. Be well.

Offline dtomp

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 04:56:53 PM »
I have to ask myself what would I do if this happened to me. In my heart I would want to fight, I mean trying to keep what is mine, and an all out gun battle. In my brain I'm thinking that would never work, at least not for the good of either side. But how many will just do nothing, and how many will fight? What will happen when somebody does put up a fight and people get killed? Do you think it'll help or hurt as far as the law goes?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 03:53:36 AM »
Both of the original Red Flag bills died in committee, but we are waiting to see if he tries the same fast move that cost former State Senator Steve Smith his job, introducing in violation of Legislative rules at the last minute.

Offline adrian

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 07:09:41 PM »
    HIya and looked like CNN reported Colorados passage of the red flag law has some sheriffs vowing to not enforce the law in there jurisdictions. With the states attorneys saying they will hold the sheriffs liable for cases that lead to injury. Might be a few deputy's in line for early promotions in Colorado. Glad we are ok for now in az.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 05:09:57 AM »
The upswing in 2A "sanctuary" counties nationwide is really getting some attention.

The Guardian

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »
    HIya and looked like CNN reported Colorados passage of the red flag law has some sheriffs vowing to not enforce the law in there jurisdictions. With the states attorneys saying they will hold the sheriffs liable for cases that lead to injury. Might be a few deputy's in line for early promotions in Colorado. Glad we are ok for now in az.

I've seen Colorado "fall" to liberals gradually over the last 30 years.....but like California, liberals in Colorado are concentrated in the population centers of Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins.....if you were to look at an election map of Colorado land-area wise 95% is still conservative.....liberals that have fled California and now want to make Colorado there new "societal test tube", I feel for the Northern Californian's that live at the behest of LA & San Fransico........really SAD  :-\
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:55:20 PM by The Guardian »