Author Topic: Scorpion EVO, I need a Brace  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Robert Louis

Re: Scorpion EVO, I need a Brace
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
I have the SB Tactical collapsing brace which is great for compactness but not that comfortable for cheek resting.  The original SBTEVO Brace is larger and better for cheek resting but makes the gun wider when it collapses to the right side of the pistol.  SBT says this brace is not meant for the pistol to shoot when folder to the side (ejction port) but people report that it can shoot with the brace folded to the side.  Pros and cons of each are equal IMHO.   For me the compactness was more important than a cheek weld.

Offline 00goobs

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 12:55:43 PM »
I have the SB Tactical brace and feel the lower back/top is better for my fat cheeks. It sits lower than the rail and am comfortable looking through the factory sights and low red dot.

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:09 PM »
Gear Head Works Tailhook MOD 1 is what I have and I love it, it is the same as the folding stock, but not...

Steve

Offline dale5150

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 01:59:14 PM »
I am going to look for the tailhook after trying several at the stores.

Offline BillyBobGA

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 09:59:34 PM »
For any of those interested, I have put over 1500 rounds on the new Evo with the collapsible brace and so far I find it very comfortable to shoot... no issues. I thought I would have issues with the bars of the brace being so side but not an issue at all.

That being said, I have never shot one with a folding brace nor full stock so I don't have that to compare to.

anything