Author Topic: CZ P07 Tuning Single Action  (Read 281 times)

Offline bacz

CZ P07 Tuning Single Action
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »
I just did some work to my P07 to improve the trigger.

Installed 15# hammer spring, extended FP, reduced FP spring, reduced plunger spring, and reduced TRS. Polished all recommended areas including the hammer and frame where there was some rubbing as well as the frame where there was some rubbing with the trigger blade.

Overall the result is excellent! My only issue is some grittiness on the single action pull after the wall. If I pull it like I mean it I do not feel it, but if I go very slow it is there.

Obviously not a big deal since the only pull feel that matters is when I mean it, but I am wondering it there is something I missed in my tuning that could be done to remove this last bit or grit.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ P07 Tuning Single Action
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
Buy the CGW P-series hammer and you will be amazed. The factory hammer hooks are high and generally gritty and don't respond well to reworking the way a 1911 hammer does hence the CGW parts.

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 12:24:29 PM »
Buy the CGW P-series hammer and you will be amazed. The factory hammer hooks are high and generally gritty and don't respond well to reworking the way a 1911 hammer does hence the CGW parts.
Based on the other improvements you already made, this is great advice here about upgrading the hammer. Think you will be very happy with the difference!

Offline bacz

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »
Took it out to the range and ran many rounds through it and the grit is gone.

I am sure the CGW hammer and maybe a sear spring replacement might make the break crisper, but I am happy with where it is now.

Thank you for the replies.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
Most folks, who shoot their CZ's a lot, say they action smooths up after a few hundred rounds.

Even though you worked on yours, it sounds like shooting it some more helped smooth it out, too.

Glad the latest "improvements" were more fun (shooting it at the range) than the previous work.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

anything