Author Topic: CAJUN GUN WORKS RAMI  (Read 3711 times)

Offline macktheknife

CAJUN GUN WORKS RAMI
« on: February 27, 2019, 10:28:26 AM »
Well I went and did it yesterday, ordered a Rami from Cajun gun works with the pro package. Now I wait!
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline Phlyers13

Re: CAJUN GUN WORKS RAMI
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time of impatience!

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »
 Good choice you will love it the D/A on mine is 7.1 pounds and it feels better to more I shoot it and it's as accurate as my larger pistols.  Buy a few extra recoil springs and replace them when it starts tossing spent cases in to the next county and don't dry fire it with out an O-ring.

Offline rkwhyte2

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »
Good choice you will love it the D/A on mine is 7.1 pounds and it feels better to more I shoot it and it's as accurate as my larger pistols.  Buy a few extra recoil springs and replace them when it starts tossing spent cases in to the next county and don't dry fire it with out an O-ring.
Remember to take the o-ring out before you go to the range. :-[

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:01 PM »
Remember to take the o-ring out before you go to the range. :-[

red silicone o-rings are much easier to see
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
What's wrong with using a 9mm snap cap?

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 12:47:40 AM »
 My first CZ pistol a SPO1 had a damaged firing pin retaining pin and all my dry firing was done with a snap cap. Either the factory damaged the pin testing the pistol or it's best to use a O-ring.

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
Yep its going to be a long 4 weeks, can't wait to get my new Rami. Guess I ordered it because of all the favorable posts about Cajun Gun works.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 02:22:42 PM »
Shouldn't it arrive sometime soon?    8)  You are going to really like it!

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 08:10:42 AM »
FINALLY GOT THE RAMI!
Came in Thursday, picked it up on Friday after getting the paperwork done. Shot it yesterday, NICE PISTOL!
I got it with the pro package and also added, at the last minute, the SAO trigger.  The service from CGW was great, the gunsmith called me when he was working on my pistol to make sure everything was being done, couldn't ask for better.
Yesterday put 200-300 rounds through the gun, no issues at all, nice trigger gun shots to point of aim. After a few mags was hitting a 12" plate at 50 yards 5 out of ten shots, not bad for a gun with a short sight radius.
I like!

Offline THarbison

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »
No pictures?

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »
couple of pictures of the new gun

bottom picture has one of those pearce xd  grip extensions feels nice but doesn't seem to robust. Going to see about making my own. stay tuned.
I really like this gun.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:48:24 PM by macktheknife »

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 11:37:49 AM »
Did I say I really like this gun, carries nice OWB so far.
shot it again yesterday, double taps at 20yds no problem. ran some hollow points through it also, no issues at all.
The work done by CGW is great, real nice single action only trigger, crisp nice short reset.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:10:04 AM by macktheknife »

Offline theoldmusicman

• SGT US Army Infantry Vietnam 67-69
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 06:27:34 PM »
Has anyone on here ever install the pro package yourself?  I'm wondering how difficult it is.

anything